Job title :
ADULT DAY SERVICE WORKER
Do you have outstanding interpersonal skills, with an excellent ability to communicate with patients and team members? We are looking for casual Adult Day Service Workers to join our team at Deni House in Williams Lake. Apply today!
Deni House is located adjacent to Cariboo Memorial Hospital and embodies a resident–centred philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible. Deni House consists of 28 beds in divided among permanent residential, short stay/convalescent, respite, and palliative care beds. Adult Day Services is also in the same facility. We have a mixture of elderly and younger patients. It is a smaller facility which allows staff to get to know the residents. There is a Recreation Coordinator onsite who plans activities.
As the Adult Day Service Worker/Bus Driver you will be responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks. You will transport clients to organized outings.
SOME OTHER TYPICAL DUTIES OF THE ADULT DAY SERVICE WORKER:
- As determined by the Program Coordinator, carries out individual or group leisure/recreation programs such as cooking, gardening and exercises as directed; sets up and organized furnishing and equipment for programs and/or special events, accompanies clients to programs, teaches the techniques of related programs to clients, and oversees participation and reports problems/changes to supervisor.
- Assists clients with activity of daily living (ADL) tasks in performance of duties such as toiletting, bathing, grooming and dressing. Reports any concerns/problems in relation to ADL care (eg: skin breakdown) to Activity Coordinator.
- Carries out resident programs outside the facility and accompanies clients.
- Leads individual one-on-one sessions and group programs for the clients. Able to adapt general established programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional needs of the clients, as developed by the Participant Service Plans.
- Provides input in the evaluation of each participant’s progress by observing, reporting and charting. Reports relevant observations of client progress and behaviour to the Adult Day Centre Program Coordinator. Provides suggestions for change or modifications to existing programs.
- Assists volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during program, 1:1, small groups, large groups, or special events. Demonstrates related techniques as required.
- Drives the supplied vehicle for established community outings according to safety rules, regulations and standards; safely loads and unloads clients on and off of the vehicle; completes and records pre-trip inspection, travel log, and follows established Fleet Guidelines for vehicle cleaning, fuelling, maintenance and incident reporting.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 to 37.5 hrs/week.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Unrestricted, valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Please upload a copy of your Class IV Driver's License and a copy of your Care Aide/Community Health Worker certificate.