The Canadian Princess Lodge is a beautiful newly renovated 46 room lodge and 250 ft marina. It is located on the west coast of Vancouver Island in Ucluelet, which is straddled between the famous Pacific Rim and the iconic Broken Islands. The lodge consists of standard rooms, lofts and suites.
At The Canadian Princess, we are dedicated to helping our employees create lasting positive work experiences, enjoy career advancement opportunities, earn competitive wages, live in clean affordable staff accommodation all while getting the opportunity to experience summers in the beauty of Ucluelet, Vancouver Island.
Housekeeping Supervisor, Canadian Princess Lodge Ucluelet
The Canadian Princess lodge is looking for a dedicated individual who will play a critical role in ensuring a memorable experience for guests by acting as leader of the housekeeping team providing clean rooms and common spaces and exceptional service.
The Housekeeping supervisor will facilitate the hiring, training, management of the housekeeping team; as well as, work closely with laundry, maintenance, guest services, inventory re-stock departments.
They will be the primary one responsible to be the final person ensuring rooms are checked and ready to high standards and provide feedback and review for housekeeping team improvments.
Full time seasonal ASAO (July 2021-October 2021) Year round, long term position is also available. We want to help you grow and grow with you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, supervise core housekeeping team
- Sets housekeeping schedule
- Supervise the housekeeping team and ensure quality of rooms. Will be the last individual in guest room to double check cleaning standards.
- Communicate with guest services, maintenance, laundry staff to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure that guest has a positive experience by providing excellent service
- Take over housekeeping role and clean rooms when necessary
- Intermittently wash and fold laundry
- Document maintenance and security issues
- Order, stock rooms supplies and keep inventory
The Successful Applicant
- Has excellent team management skills
- Has proven leadership qualities
- Previous housekeeping, management experience required
- Is reliable that takes pride in their work
- Has a positive can-do attitude
- Is willing to work on weekends and/or holidays
- Is detail oriented and organized
- Is able to handle standing and moving for multiple hours at a time
- Experience is preferred but not mandatory
What’s on Offer
- Very competitive hourly wage starting at $22/Hr we we can re-analyze after two weeks probation and if performing well then we can increase up to $25/Hr
- End of season bonus
- Extremely affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.
Expected start date: 2021-07-28
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- housekeeping: 2 years (required)