Global Remediation Technology (GRT) is a global-scale water and soil remediation innovator. Our robust, flexible, and scalable solutions produce clean water and soil, divert waste from landfills and save our customers money. We are a customer-focused, flexible, scientific driven team. Our focus is on restoring balance to the environment in a manner that was not previously possible.
We are conducting an executive level search for a permanent, full-time, VP International Business Development and Engineering to join our team. The successful individual will lead our Global Business Development as well as our Operation and Engineering Technology and Solutions.
This is a complex role that requires a balance of first hand proven experience with forward thinking creativity. Someone who knows how to manage the problems of today and who has the innovative excellence to solve the problems of tomorrow; this leader clearly understands how short-terms demands are woven into long term strategic initiatives.
This leader will also have the ability to teach and lead a team of high performing individuals to execute on strategic priorities; is a visionary, an architect, and an excellent problem solver.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Lead Global Business Development through:
- Strategic business development (M&A, strategic partnerships)
- Recruit, develop and lead the global team Business Development Managers to complete market validation, live revenue commitment, and future potential opportunity identification
- Develop, implement and maintain a corporate “playbook” for activating new fixed and mobile plant locations to ensure that company can continue to accelerate the number of plant openings each year (and always be using current best practices)
- Develop a program to ensure a global key account management/retention program is in place for all key customers/partners
- Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives for global sales
- Lead the global marketing team continuing to define and refine the companies brand
- Lead the marketing demand gen function to support the development of new fixed plant locations and expand the existing fix plant revenue and customer base * Provide leadership and strategy for long term growth:
- Define the strategic direction of the company across the world, including responsibility for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities
- Lead and inspire a team to define and implement right vision, purpose, and culture across the business
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company’s ambitious growth
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding analysis the contaminated waste markets, competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Contribute to new product/service development, promotion/distribution, customer care and the Company’s approach to quality through the presentation of customer feedback and market research * Lead the Engineering and Scientific Technology Solutions team
- Ability to translate complex scientific findings into readable report and action items
- Work with the CTO to develop new flow processes for existing plants
- Work with the CTO to refine existing flow processes to improve quality of output
- Recruit, develop and lead the global team of fixed and mobile plant managers
- Work with the Compliance team to ensure continuous monitoring of outputs to meet required resale or discharge standards for soils and waters
- Conduct onsite visits to ensure installations and site safety requirements are met * Key stakeholder in creating strategic direction and leadership to enable responsible growth and sustainably
Skills Requirements & Qualifications
- 1st Class Master’s of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education
- 10+ years of international sales experience, including working and living in a range of countries and cultures
- 10+ years in providing environmental and waste recycling solutions
- 10+ years in providing wet materials processing solutions
- 2+ years working at Board of Director level
- Holding Chartered status with Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineers, Institute of Mechanical Engineers, or Chartered Engineers Pacific.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate opportunities in a complex business environment and demonstrate sustained year on year business growth
- Experienced leader, mentor, coach
- Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal communication skills
- The role is based out of Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Competitive base salary range as well as extended health and dental benefits available
If you have any questions about the role, or to apply, please email careers @globalremediation.co
Thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $160,000.00 to $190,000.00 /year
- leader, mentor, coach: 5 years (Required)
- leading sustained business growth: 5 years (Required)
- working at Board of Director level: 2 years (Required)
- international sales experience, including working and living: 10 years (Required)
- providing environmental and waste recycling sol: 10 years (Required)
- providing wet materials processing solutions: 10 years (Required)
- navigate opportunities in a complex business environment: 5 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)