Responsible for supporting and administrating all aspects of IT related to infrastructure. This includes installation, configuration and maintenance of all server hardware, clients, operating systems, databases and monitoring software to support the business. Also provide off hours support for critical systems as required and contribute to the strategic direction and planning of infrastructure and software.
- Daily Operations - provide technical expertise on all aspects of server hardware/software, ensure IT systems are highly available, address and correct problems in a timely manner and provide off hours support to critical systems as required.
- Server Support – implement new Windows and Linux servers and decommission old servers. Perform installations/upgrades to software and operating systems.
- Desktop Support – Provide support for level one and level two support tickets
- Clients and Active Directory – ensure devices are secure, patched and maintained through GPO, MDM, etc.
- Backups – ensure recoverability of systems by regularly checking and testing infrastructure backups.
- Infrastructure Planning – recommend architectural and management solutions to stay ahead of continual growth, best practices and security.
- Documentation – Develop and maintain proper documented policies regarding hardware/software/management of key IT systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Relevant industry certifications are a plus.
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Servers and Active Directory
- 1-2 years of experience administering Linux or similar UNIX platforms
- 1-2 years of experience with VMware vSphere product suite including vCenter and ESXi 6.75
- 1-2 years of experience within an ITIL Environment
- 1-2 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Windows features including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Services, Network Policy Server, RADIUS MFA, IIS, Certificate Services, SSO & Kerberos authentication
- Knowledge of batch & PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge configuring and performing Windows Server recovery
- Knowledge of configuring and deploying VMware Hypervisors and Virtual Machines
- Knowledge of patching, maintaining, and monitoring vSphere environments
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems within the Hypervisor
- Experience administering and supporting the Nutanix server platform a plus
- Experience configuring and supporting HP server hardware a plus
- Experience administering and supporting Exagrid backup appliances a plus
- Experience with Vulnerability Management tools a plus
- Experience with Veeam a plus
- Experience with Microsoft 365 a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Intune a plus
- Experience with LogicMonitor a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM a plusExperience with Jamf Pro a plus
- Experience with SharePoint Online and Office 365 a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAVERP Systems a plus
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 5 years (Preferred)