Meridian RV - 100 Mile House is a Dealership in the Interior of BC in the heart of the sought-after Cariboo area. Salary is dependent of certifications and hours worked (overtime, etc.)
- Recreation vehicle certified technicians examine, troubleshoot and diagnose units needing repair and maintenance. They install, repair and maintain interior and exterior components on motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, truck campers, tent trailers and van conversions.
- Duties may include: installation of accessories; performing pre-delivery inspections; reading and writing repair orders; troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on propane gas and electric appliances such as furnaces, refrigerators, water heaters, ranges and air conditioners; repairs to fiberglass, body and structural components; and the ability to install, repair, replace and maintain roofs, siding, windows, doors, vents, awnings, floor coverings, cabinets, counters, plumbing systems, electrical systems, propane gas systems, batteries and charging systems.
- While they do not repair engines or drive train components of motorized vehicles, they may install trailer and fifth wheel hitches, wire tow vehicles and perform maintenance and repairs on trailer frames, undercarriage and suspension.
- Use testing equipment, troubleshooting techniques, manufacturers' specifications, and Internet websites to assist in locating faults and performing repairs
- Use manuals, catalogues and Internet websites to order repair parts and components
- Use computerized and electronic devices for testing components
- Communicate with supervisors, manufacturers and consumers to ensure timely, efficient and economical repairs.
- Several programs exist for RV service training such as factory training, service schools and certification programs through attendance of a trade college or through distance learning.
- Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground
- The ability to periodically lift in excess of 25 kilograms
- Mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude; troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication, organizational and learning skills
- The desire to upgrade and learn new skills as technology advances
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- Pride in workmanship and the desire to attain a superior level of expertise
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Store Discount
- RV Technician/Mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- 100 Mile House, BC (Required)