Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/SyscoCorporationor Twitter atwww.twitter.com/Sysco_Corp
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Facility Technician is responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of an ammonia refrigeration plant. S/He will also responsible for assisting the Facility Manager with maintenance activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the facility as well as being responsible for automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair of electrical devices, light plumbing, and security.
- Maintaining effective operation and inspections of ammonia refrigeration system
- Responsible for daily refrigeration operator duties including eRSM inspections and logs
- Proficient in electrical meter testing and knowledge of electrical Arc Flash requirements
- Good understanding and working knowledge of PLC’s and PLC trouble shooting
- Must have Motors, Motor Start and Motor Control Center knowledge
- Completes all special projects associated with building or grounds, as requested.
- Maintain facility assets through scheduled preventative maintenance and repair activities which Includes but not limited to: Roof inspections and repairs, Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and repairs, Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and repairs including joint cleaning, routing and filling Product racking inspections and repairs, Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and repairs
- Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual, electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters), inspections and repai
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) daily in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Coordination of environmental systems operations including heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air-conditioning
- Provide routine maintenance assistance for refrigerated and non-refrigerated mechanical devices including all warehouse equipment
- Conducting and supporting facility inspections on a regular basis and reporting any unusual occurrences, damage and/or anticipated issues
- Work with outside contractors and/or vendors, including fire department and inspectors
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Minimum Refrigeration Operator Certificate or 4th class power engineer
- Experience working with Ammonia is required
- Electrical Arc Flash training (preferred)
- Trade electrical I& II training (preferred)
- Class A Chief refrigeration certification or equivalent Provincial certification
- Knowledge of general industry electrical safety standards
- Knowledge of NFPA 80 National Fire Code
- Flexible Schedule, ability to work an afternoon/night shift when required
- High degree of innovation and creative skills used to repair equipment and find workable solutions to minimize operational disruptions.
- A minimum of five (5+) years’ experience in a facilities or fleet maintenance/management role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the Sysco organization in a professional manner.
Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Internal candidates apply via theCareer Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.External candidates submit cover letter& resume viawww.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability• Life Insurance•Company Pension Plan•Group RRSP• Employee and Family Assistance• Stock Purchase Plan• Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University• Sysco product discounts• Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.)• Free on-site parking• Employee appreciation events•
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)