Marketing and Communications Lead
Reports to: Venue Team Lead
Join The Team:
Halifax (K'jipuktuk) is hosting the 2020 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) in July 2020 which will be the largest multi-sporting event to be held in Nova Scotia. Marking the first time the Games will be held in Atlantic Canada, this event will take place over eight days from July 12 – 18, 2020, and will include more than 5,000 Indigenous sport and cultural youth participants from over 756 nations in 17 sporting disciplines. Events will be held at various locations in Halifax Regional Municipality and Millbrook. 2020 will mark the 10th edition of the Games.
The Marketing and Communications Lead will work in conjunction with the sponsorship division and host broadcasters ensuring all needs and contractual obligations are met. This role will also coordinate all sales (if applicable), advertising and media relations interests at the venue level. This position will work out of one of NAIG 2020’s venues
- Work closely with Fit-Out & Decommissioning Rep on signage expectations for partners and sponsors.
- Ensure that all Games’ promotional/marketing expectations are met.
- Monitor marketing/sponsorship exclusivity issues that may arise during the planning of the venue as well as during Games’ operations.
- Aware of venue contracts that may post exclusivity challenges with product sponsors.
- Allocate space at the venue for merchandise sales kiosk.(if applicable)
- Coordinate all merchandising suppliers and licensees.
- Collaborate with the VTeam Lead in determining the location of the media centre within the given venue.
- Liaise with Marketing & Media – Media Relations Committee to determine the size and equipment requirements for the media centre.
- Assist the VTeam Lead in identifying the location and number of media workstations, observer positions, still photographer positions, and media seating needed within the venue.
- Relay all information/resource requirements as requested by the Host Broadcaster (e.g. - location of television mobile compound, number of cameras, and camera locations creating seat kills) to applicable VTeam Divisional Rep.
- Assist the VTeam Lead in identifying access points for the media.
- Assist the VTeam Lead in identifying the location of commentator positions for rights holders.
- Assist the VTeam Lead in identifying the interview (mix zones) for rights holders and non-rights holders, including general media personnel.
- Monthly committee meetings from August 2019 - May 2020, moving to weekly in June 2020
- Weekly tasks averaging 5-7 hours per week depending on scope of role and time of year
- Attendance at Mission staff and Executive Meetings may be required.
- In person, on site availability from July 12 - July 18, 2020.
- Availability 3-5 days post games to assist with venue decommissioning
- Experience with event marketing and event media protocol
- Ability to work independently and as a team and able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Comfort with social media platforms
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in creative writing and media relations
Job Type: Volunteer