Vena Solutions is seeking Senior Java Developers to help us expand our sophisticated SaaS cloud technology. This role is a match for you if you are an innovative software engineer with an aptitude for big data and server-side development who loves to be continually challenged to create scalable and performant code. As a Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for the backbone for the Vena platform, building REST web services with a very modern Java 8 backend stack.
Our developer focused team culture encourages our engineers to be self motivated and self directed. We value leadership and people with passion who will take ownership to make their mark on our product within this growing business space.
Vena is an equal opportunity employer and focuses on the importance of diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please include those in your application or when speaking with our talent team and we will ensure any accommodation needs are met.
Check out the team blog for more details at engineering.vena.io ( http://engineering.vena.io/ )
What you will do
- Design and develop flexible, efficient, object-oriented server code in Java
- Resolve problems that affect how businesses make sense of their data
- Refactor, simplify, and optimize code so we can develop new features more efficiently
- Work within an Agile, cross-functional team on features, design and implementation
- Contribute to building our environment that embraces continuous integration through the use of automated testing
- Think outside the box, adapting the latest software technologies while developing innovative functionality to improve software performance and usability
What we use
Please note this reflects a portion of our technical stack. We are constantly evolving and revisiting our stack to be on the cutting edge:
- A Java 8 back-end Server using Google Guice, Hibernate, and Dropwizard
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine with our in house DSL, and ANTLR-based compiler
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redshift, and RDS
- Supporting micro-services written in Java
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in built using VSTO, Excel Interop/VBA, and LINQ
- And much more
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience in Java development
- Equivalent experience and/or Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- You have a strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including software design, algorithms, etc.
- Working knowledge of building Java REST web services, AspectJ, Java 8 Lambdas, Hibernate, MongoDB is a bonus, but not required
- You are self-motivated and self-directed
- You believe in keeping stack current with the latest tools, libraries, frameworks, and trends in cloud technologies
- You have excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.