Women’s College Hospital is the first and only independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a primary focus on the health of women. If you’re ready to be part of the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution in which the possibilities for creative innovation, breakthroughs in new thinking and groundbreaking work in academic ambulatory medicine are limitless. Women’s College Hospital is committed to patient safety as a key professional value and an essential component of daily practice.
An exciting Temporary Full-Time opportunity as a Project Manager, Equity exists reporting to the VP People, Culture and Equity & Chief Human Resources Officer. The Project Manager, Equity will provide leadership and have responsibility for equity projects with a focus on French Language Services Pilot Project Implementation and at Women’s College Hospital. .
Summary of Duties, but not limited to:
- Develop and lead Women’s College Hospital French Language Services pilot project ensuring effective planning, implementation, and ongoing sustainability with spread.
- Provide strategic oversight in the implementation of equity values, priorities and initiatives; provide leadership, collection and reporting of equity data; create partnerships and support the embedment of equity with a main focus on French language services throughout hospital operations and departments
- Partner with departmental/program teams to establish aligned implementation, action plans and reporting systems that advance French language services and equity initiatives.
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of equity plan developments and milestones through the maintenance of clear, detailed plans, performance reports, and communications
- Provide analysis of legislation related to French language services and develop and recommend policies that ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- Develop creative and effective solutions that address relevant organizational needs while leveraging a broad internal and external network of subject matter experts.
- Use data to drive decision-making with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Develop, monitor and report process and outcome measures that facilitate implementation of strategic plan goals and priorities, ensuring that senior sponsors have appropriate information for decision-making
- Partner with WCH programs whose work compliments the equity plan to ensure alignment.
- Partner with strategic communications to advance communications related to French Language Services planning.
- Partner with talent management leaders to build equity into the core employee brand marketing platform.
- Develop associated business cases to evolve equity across the organization as required.
As a role model and champion you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
The responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Post-secondary degree in French Language Studies, Social Justice, Diversity and Race Relations, or relevant discipline combined with progressively responsible leadership & project management experience in a dynamic, complex work environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing complex projects
- Bilingualism in French and English required
- PMP designation preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management processes, principles and tools
- Demonstrated success and experience planning, facilitating and implementing corporate-wide strategic initiatives
- Strong relationship builder who can quickly establish credibility with equity seeking groups in the community and the field.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and independently to advance action
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in French and English including the ability to communicate complex information into clear, concise messages, influence others and establish credibility with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills and comfort level presenting to audiences at various levels in the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated record of good performance and acceptable attendance will be considered as part of the selection criteria
- Professional behaviour and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
- This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
Women’s College Hospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto and is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance.