Reporting to the Senior Manager, Transformation to Digital is responsible for developing and promoting business improvement recommendations that support department objectives under digital transformation; managing and executing operational and process improvement projects with a focus on best practices and generation of solutions; strengthening internal controls and processes; eliminating barriers and improving operational efficiencies; increasing user satisfaction and improving cost efficiencies; providing input for and implementing decisions from the branches to optimize the return-on-investment of projects and programs; aligning team efforts with branch and Department goals and making effective use of resources towards approved projects and programs; supporting team members, other staff and Departments by serving as an information repository and resource; improving service delivery and business process efficiency via the implementation of plans, programs and recommendations approved by senior management and within the scope of the department digital strategy.
- Implements multi-year Business Process Improvement plans for the Department in support of process stream in digital strategy objectives.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on business process mapping, process analysis and development of new processes, providing consultation to various branches within the department and other stakeholders as required.
- Works with peers and other staff to identify process improvement opportunities and assists with implementation of audit recommendations and business improvement priorities.
- Manages projects and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in accordance with project parameters, including timelines and budget constraints.
- Applies Lean and/or other continuous improvement methods in business process mapping and improvement and strengthening internal controls.
- Applies baseline metrics to report on progress and outcomes of projects.
- Works with Department prioritization model to determine and propose sequence of projects.
- Responds to customer enquiries directly and/or resolves difficult or highly sensitive complaints either verbally or in writing.
- Supervises staff, including recruitment, selection, hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work, determining training and development needs, coaching and mentoring, conducting performance appraisals and determining/recommending disciplinary action up to and including dismissal in accordance with collective agreements, Regional policies and practices.
- Assumes functions of the Manager in that person’s absence, as directed.
- Successful completion of University Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading medium to large-scale process improvement projects applying Lean and/or Six Sigma tools/methodologies, conducting process reviews, needs assessment, coordination, facilitation, implementation, change management and follow-up and demonstrated minimum of one (1) year of direct supervisory experience.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma designation from accredited association required and Excellence Canada training.
- Experience with developing and delivering training and one-on-one or group coaching on Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology to staff and project teams.
- Ability to influence peers and other individuals who are not direct reports.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by March 2, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.