Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking someone who is eager to learn, committed to having a safe and healthy workplace and to ensuring the delivery of quality products for the position of Warehouseperson in our Burlington, ON branch. The Warehouseperson will assist and support plant personnel to efficiently process orders to customer specifications.
- Complete pre-inspection equipment reports before each shift.
- Inspect and stamp packing slips of incoming material from both suppliers and inter-branch orders.
- Ensure all inter-branch orders for furtherance are correct.
- Pick and process material for shipping to customer as required.
- Ensure safe procedures are followed while leading and unloading material on or off trucks.
- Ensure all processing sheets are filled out, clear, legible and handed in after each job in completed
- Perform all housekeeping responsibilities after each job is completed.
- Ensure that all heat numbers are clearly identified if shipping product with more than one heat as per ISO policy.
- Comply with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety).
- Able to work rotating days and afternoon shifts.
- Proficiency in the English language (reading and writing).
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- Background in non-ferrous material
- Relevant experience with the ability to operate forklift and overhead cranes.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to Human Resources at: recruitment @ russelmetals.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- warehouse worker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures