- To supervise the activities of weekend Technicians and Assistants
- To screen prescriptions for appropriateness and provide final checks of completed activities
- Provide services that meet and exceed the Standards of Practice
- To ensure a controlled dispensing and inventory of narcotics, controls and targets
- To assist in the management of inventory
- To prepare emergency injection products for SC administration
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain Patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care in the pharmacy
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of pharmaceutical products/medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Operate pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protect company assets
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information, as well as all pharmacy proprietary information at all times
- Receives verbal prescription orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Consults as necessary
- Reviews complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint.
- Prepare sterile products for immediate use for palliative patients
- 40 – 60 words per minute
- KROLL system experience
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Dispensary equipment
- Experience using KROLL in a long term care setting would be an asset.
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail with a quality assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and handle stress
- Demonstrates consistent exceptional patient care and customer service
- Ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of the patients served by the dispensary
- To provide direction to technicians regarding policy and procedures
- Strong English communication skills
- Organized approach to workflow
- Effective management of patient files in Kroll
- Retail module
- Long term care module
- Strong pharmaceutical care plan documentation skills
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy and Alberta Licensing
- Licensed Pharmacist in good standing with ACP
- Supervisory experience and experience in diverse institutions desirable
- Extensive knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- Knowledge of all Dispensary equipment
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
We thank you for your interest and wish you all the best in your career search.
Our cores values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centric, Relationships, and Innovation.
Job Type: Part-time