Date Posted: November 18, 2019
Competition Number: 157-19/20
Location: Enderby, Falkland & Vernon
Are you looking for a rewarding position that allows for a flexible schedule? Get paid to play at Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs! We are currently seeking applications for the position of Program Worker in our Recreation Programs.
Work with Perks:
- Flexible scheduling (perfect for students)
- Many opportunities for professional development
- Fun, positive work environment
- We offer a 10% discount offered to employee whose children are registered in our child care programs, including preschool, day care, and after school care programs. This discount will be offered to all Agency staff that work 20 hours a week or more, and have passed their probationary period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for caring, nurturing, supervision and safety of children.
- Responsible for implementing activities for children.
- Use Club Vans to pick up children from school and transport to various sites for recreational purposes.
- Establish open communication with parents/care givers.
- Ensure that specific goals of children and program are met.
- Ensure Agency Policies and Procedures, program standards, WCB standards, Community Care Licensing regulations, risk management requirements and general facility safety standards are met and followed by all staff.
- Ensure that the Agency Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values are incorporated into everyday practice.
- A diploma, certificate and/or relevant experience working with children in recreation, education or other social services.
- Class 4 driver’s license (or willingness to obtain)
- Current first aid certificate
- Successful completion of Agency screening process, including criminal record check
This position is open to all applicants.
This position requires union membership.
Hours: Position #1: 4 hours per week: Thursday afternoons in Enderby
Position #2: 4 hours per week: Wednesday afternoons in Falkland
Position #3: Casual/Relief Hours: Sundays in Vernon (Birthday Parties)
Rate of Pay: $14.42 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Name: Julia Bargery, Program Coordinator
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team. We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.42 /year