Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Planner, schedule and plan short to medium term maintenance for all mobile plant and equipment on site to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specification to ensure the equipment fleet achieves maximum availability in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner. To assist senior maintenance personnel enabling improved performance by the maintenance group. In addition, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for adhering to all provincial and federal law, Company policy, internal controls and practices, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and uphold the values of KMC.
- Ensure behavior is compliant with the site’s Safety Management Plan;
- Produce, review and maintain rolling monthly, quarterly and annual plans as well as equipment specifications, tyres and undercarriage tracking files.
- Maintain currency and accuracy of equipment maintenance history, work orders, job records database and technical information on processes, plant and equipment in accordance with company policy, statutory and contractual requirements;
- Identify potential work using an effective condition monitoring program and financial package based work programs and provide guidance and support to the Superintendents and Supervisors
- Develop weekly agreed maintenance plans using equipment strategies to facilitate maximum production and minimise downtime and costs to meet plant availability and reliability targets.
- Ensure all materials, parts, personnel, tools, permits and equipment is available for execution when required by the plan.
- Communicate detailed maintenance plans for scheduled maintenance to Maintenance, Mining Operations departments on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the procurement and freight of parts and services and ensure full reliability of parts and equipment is retained while stored, only using approved suppliers and hire equipment.
- Align other maintenance activities such as defects and breakdown repairs with periodic maintenance and provide updates on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that work planned is completed within allowed budget and resources by cost effective use of subcontractors to maintain and service mobile plant and ancillary equipment.
- Utilise predictive maintenance processes to raise re-work requests and organise any additional maintenance requirements.
- Effectively use the company’s financial package to produce, review and maintain equipment lists and contracts and raise work orders for all maintenance activities.
- Provide feedback to relevant leadership personnel regarding site issues which may affect the operating and financial performance of KMC plant and equipment;
- Review and report on planning and scheduling, equipment reliability and maintenance department performance.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to manage and maintain compliance in accordance to all the relevant legislation and strive for beyond compliance.
- Provide expert advice in all incident investigations to ensure the root causes are identified and that all the required documentation is reported. If applicable, play an active role in implementing corrective actions in consultation with relevant parties.
- Contribute to the monthly plant financial reviews and annual equipment budget where required;
- Coordinate warranty claims and ensure warranty forms are lodged with OEMs for components and repairs using approved warranty processes and site documentation.
- Manage equipment establishment, transfer or disposal process. Complete forms and send to areas where these are required, ensuring required approvals.
- Identify project-based opportunities to improve equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs to increase effectiveness and efficiency by eliminating repetitive, costly or low-value work.
- Constantly seek continuous improvement opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Formal Education *
· Post-secondary education in a technical engineering concentration
· Journeyman status with relevant planning experience
· Experience in mobile plant maintenance, preferably over 3 years experience
· Proficient in financial and mine scheduling packages
· The ability to troubleshoot, solve problems and anticipate future concerns
· Time Management and Prioritizing skills
· Knowledge of relevant legislation
· The ability to be flexible and responsive to changing demands
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Tactful and diplomatic
· Conflict resolution skills
*Note: other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Planning: 3 years (Required)
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Maintenance Planning: 3 years (Required)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)