Fiber Optic Employee
Employer to train.
Work will mainly be based in Calgary. Employee must be a resident of Calgary or willing to relocate to the City or within a close distance.
- Fiber Optic Testing
- Fiber Optic Splicing
- Construct & Install Enclosures
- Install Fiber Optic Cables
- Follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules & regulations
- Climb & work at heights on poles, ladders and/or other structures
- Work in both aerial and confined spaces
- Use testing & splicing instruments, analyze results
- Operate & install according to manufacturer and/or clients plans, drawings and specifications
- Complete any required safety, quality & environmental documentation
- Work and travel in all seasons and environmental conditions. Work will be mainly based in the city of Calgary. Employees must be able to work/travel to remote locations that may be out of province when necessary.
- Maintain a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol testing expected.
- Have High School Diploma or an Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license (Class 5 or better) and trailer towing competency
- English Proficiency
- Good manual dexterity
- Good communication skills
- Able to work outdoors through all seasons
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Have or are willing to take the following certifications:
- Standard First Aid
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
Job Type: Full-time