The position is responsible for managing, consolidating and enhancing the company’s data from multiple sources with the focus of providing data driven insights into the various aspects of Sarku’s operations and initiatives so as to facilitate the company’s decision process. In addition, the business data analyst will also take part in evaluating and implementing Sarku’s Business Intelligence tool.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Business Intelligence tools and data management knowledge.
- Collaborate with other teams to determine their needs and objectives in order to organize and direct the appropriate data for use in their decision making processes.
- Assist the Director of IT in developing and documenting policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
- Work with IT to research and implement data gathering methods.
- Maintain the data warehouse by monitoring and validating the integrity of data.
- Take part in assessing and implementing Sarku’s new Business Intelligence tool.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, maintain in-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies, priorities and information.
- Design and provide detailed analysis and insights on resulting analytics against agreed upon business metrics.
- Develop and document methodologies and assumptions of analysis and modeling.
- Take part in a group effort to derive better information based decisions and improvements to the company processes.
- Support the MIS manager in the handling of routine financial reporting.
- Enhance the analytic value of existing reporting packages to senior management.
- Support AVP, Finance, CFO and other executives with ad hoc analyses and financial modeling as required.
- Proficiency in Excel, multivariate regression analysis, pivot tables and knowledge in data management (SQL and VBA)
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills with the ability to provide data driven insights into Sarku’s retail operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to document processes and procedures
- Demonstrate judgement, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with internal or external customers
- University degree required, preferably with focus on business analytics
- Experience with QSR or service industry an asset
- Experience in implementing Business Intelligence solutions a plus
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin)
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,000.00 to $54,500.00 /year
- Cantonese (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)