*** Applicants MUST be eligible for the N.S. Graduate to Opportunity program in order to apply. You must be a recent graduate of a program from a qualified post-secondary institution. ***
The Business Manager for Bellwether Media, Inc. is responsible for the general business operations of the Baddeck office that pertains primarily to our full-service print shop Breton Print, along with any other business being conducted by Bellwether Media, Inc.
The Business Manager is expected to assist all staff members in the company; however, the direct report is the president of the company. The Business Manager is responsible for the following:
- Account management - job quotes and orders to be entered into our print management software. Upon completion of job through production/shipping, manager will close the order and invoice job to client. Assures that accounts are in good standing and conducts followup calls for account receivables.
- Maintain financial accounts in Xero Accounting, including receiving payments and routinely making payments to Accounts Payables upon approval of direct report.
- Make regular bank deposits and produce a copy of deposit for direct report approval.
- Cover front desk reception during open hours - After training is provided on product and service offerings, employee is expected to be able to answer general inquiries from the public
- Receive mail daily at the post office
- Greet customers and clients in-person for both booked appointments and walk-in service
- Answer incoming phone calls and field them to the appropriate personnel
- Encouraged to make recommendations on improving the structure or process of business operations in any way that may increase personnel well-being, customer satisfaction or overall efficiency
- other tasks as assigned
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
Successful applicant will:
- Be able to handle multiple incoming requests from staff and customers and prioritize them according to best practices
- Have previous bookkeeping experience and/or formal training, preferably with Xero
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Previous CRM software experience preferred but will be fully trained on internal system.
- Possess good time management skills and have good attention to detail
A post-secondary degree or diploma is required as per the requirements of the Nova Scotia Graduate to Opportunity program. Graduation from a program in business administration or a related field is considered a major asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,150.00 per year
The safety of our employees and customers is paramount. We adhere to government rules and recommendations for safe business practices during COVID19. We have installed safety shields and other measures to minimize risk to all employees.