The Residential Property Manager is responsible for leading the residential property portfolio at Richcraft Homes.
- Leads/supervises all on site operations personnel (superintendents).
- Responsible to ensure all pre-delivery inspections (newly build rental product) are completed in a timely manner. Ensure schedule for PDIs are effectively coordinated with Richcraft’s Construction Division.
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure Health and Safety objectives for property management are achieved.
- Coordinate turnover requirements with operations personnel
- Perform regular visits to rental sites. Identify operational improvements
- Prepare service agreements for the Director’s approval. Work with Operations manager to prepare service agreements for both residential and commercial portfolio.
- Assist Operations Manager with the delivery of capital projects as required.
- Ensure staff are trained to Process Applications through Yardi Screening. Employee, Landlord and Reference Verifications.
- Provide overflow support for leasing activity when leasing coordinator and agent are unavailable or overbooked.
- Ensure Lease documents are the most up to date and being used by Leasing Agent. Assist Leasing agent during peak periods.
- With Director, Property Management, review weekly updated construction completion reports.
- Respond to phone calls from current tenants.
- Monthly rental deposits – ensure receivables administrative assistant promptly posts rent roll and processes deposits. Coordinate effort with commercial property manager.
- Manage the RTA notification process with residential team. Ensure notices are issued in a timely manner.
- Be the second level for collection of Late payment
- Ensure Notice of Rent Increases are issued in a timely manner.
- Work with Commercial Property Manager to Prepare EFT’s monthly.
- Provide internal aged receivables report with narrative on 5th and 10th of each month
- Review residential rent rolls and approve before they are posted
- Be the keeper of Property Management Procedural Binders
- Ensure Move-ins and Move-outs are properly identified in Yardi
- Perform regular parking and locker audits
- Ensure Parking and locker rental records are accurate and up to date.
- Set Up Properties/Unit Types/Units in Yardi
- Ensure Residential team best practices are updated for optimal management of all notifications for utilities (Enbridge, Hydro Ottawa, Reliance, City of Ottawa Water Dept) for tenant move-ins and move-outs
- Review the residential database on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy of information and make corrections as required. Review corrections with Director when corrections have a revenue implication.
- Prepare the annual operating budget for all existing residential properties for the Director’s review and approval.
- Provide revenue forecasts for upcoming years
- Recommend capital expenditures for upcoming years in coordination with the Operations Manager and Director, Property Management.
- Review trends in residential industry and propose implementation of best practices within the budget process.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in property management
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a management/leadership role
- Experience preparing and administering annual operating budgets, capital budgets and preparing monthly and quarterly reports
- RPA Designation would be considered an asset
- Must have strong knowledge of terms and conditions of residential leases and working knowledge of Ontario Residential Tenancies Act
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet firm deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proficient at analyzing requirements, budgeting, planning and tracking schedules, procurement & contract management
- Strong problem-solving skills. Strong verbal, written and presentation/communication skills.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate quickly and concisely in a verbal and written format
- Safety certification training is considered an asset
Richcraft Homes is committed to the professional growth, development and long-term career excellence of its employees. In return for you hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and full range of benefits including:
- Generous health and dental plan
- Group retirement planning with company match
- Long-term employment
- Opportunities for growth
How to apply:
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Richcraft Homes is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time