As our new Project Manager, you will be part of our team based in Niagara Falls. Under the supervision of our General Manager, you will oversee and manage a variety of construction projects. You will generate initial capital cost estimates, financial proformas, project schedules and a variety of scope documents to develop and execute a complete work plan for each project. You will also procure resources, manage financial aspects of each project; liaise with customers, colleagues and related professionals to ensure projects run smoothly and finish within time and budget constraints.
Walker Environmental, a division of Walker Industries, is a leading resource recovery and waste management company. The company owns and operates landfills, waste transfer and haulage facilities, biosolids processing plants, composting facilities, food/residual organic processing facilities and landfill gas renewable energy projects throughout Canada. Our product brands, created from the recovery of resources often considered waste, include N-Rich®, All Treat Farms® and Gro-Bark®.
Today we have an opportunity for you to join us as a Project Manager at our Walker Environmental office in Niagara Falls, ON.
In addition to the primary responsibilities noted above, you will also be required to perform a variety of job duties to support site development and operations. These include but may not be limited to:
- Coordinate and monitor the financial and operational functions of complex construction projects to ensure work is completed efficiently and according to specifications to maximize the profitability and corporate objectives of each project.
- Schedule and coordinate resources and field services to ensure projects are completed on schedule and specifications are adhered to.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to and that projects are operating in accordance with all regulations.
- Monitor and maintain positive relationships with partners, suppliers, contractors, consultants, clients and prospects to ensure projects run smoothly, resolve concerns promptly and efficiently, and develop potential future business opportunities.
- Liaise with municipalities, government and regulatory agencies as required to secure permits/approvals.
- Prepare or support others in the preparation of proposals and tenders to obtain work including project estimates, component pricing, work plans and schedules along with documentation and drawing review.
- Track current market conditions and trends to identify potential business development and opportunities.
- Participate in industry associations, committees and establishes potential sales leads to develop and foster relationships and promote business opportunities.
- Minimum 2 year two year college diploma, C. Tech or an equivalent level of hands-on experience and demonstrated competency in core areas. C.E.T/P.Eng/PMP designations are preferred.
- Greater than 7 years but less than or equal to 10 years of construction management and administration experience.
- Advanced ability to pay close attention to details, manage multiple projects and multiple tasks within projects to ensure work is done correctly and thoroughly. Keeps accurate records.
- Proactive - anticipates and initiates action to meet needs.
- Proficient communication skills – able to work with diverse personalities and styles
- Excellent customer service skills to promote and foster relationships with existing and potential customers and industry associates.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and formulate accurate project estimations
- Above average competence with MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Work with minimal supervision
Working at Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ‘above and beyond’ service to our customers and communities.
There’s a lot more we’re proud of too.
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the USA.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship – turning waste into useful products and energy and working to the highest standards of disposal.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business – serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team – not a cog in a machine – and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume using our online application tool.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and really look forward to hearing from you.