We are a mid-size manufacturer of a wide variety of hydronic heating and cooling equipment including wall fins, convectors, unit heaters, force flows, heat pumps and much more. We are growing fast and looking for a highly energetic and passionate person with CNC programming background to help us optimize our sheet metal fabrication department.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing; the Manufacturing Programmer will utilize nesting software to optimize yield of large sheet metal and brake press bending software to eliminate direct programing on the brake press machines.
A key success factor will be the ability to interface with operators, engineering, and production planning so that we drive overall improvement in manufacturability and throughput in the sheet metal department.
This individual will also play a key role in operations to find better, smarter, economic ways to get things done and must be able to create momentum and excitement to implement on the floor. The Manufacturing programmer must be a self-starter and should be able to identify areas for improvement and implement them in a timely fashion.
- Use nesting software to optimize material yield for punching operation
- Use bending software to load bending operations on brake press
- Effectively reduce set-up time on the brake press by making sure bending programs are available
- Work closely with brake press operators to qualify bending programs
- Work with engineering and operators to identify opportunities for design changes of existing parts that would enable better manufacturability and cost reduction
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate and challenge current programs and processes
- Must work closely with Production Planning team to ensure accuracy of MRP
- Implement Engineering Changes and to ensure smooth transition between revisions of parts
- Manufacturing engineering background; or equivalent experience in sheet metal fabrication programming
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies
- Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.)
- Strong collaborative skills at all levels of an organization, especially ability to work directly with machine operators to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods
- Excellent working knowledge of Lean manufacturing methodologies
- Strong use of common Microsoft tools (word, excel, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time