· Expertise with complex architecture frameworks to support an organization with multiple business units, geographic areas and systems footprint across many technologies.
· Deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary architecture concepts, industry trends, and best practices.
· Ability to leverage knowledge to assess organizational needs, provide advice on the right solutions to business problems, and address business opportunities with immediate and long-term relevance.
· Ability to provide data integration services: acquire, cleanse, merge, validate, visualize and data mine.
· Strong people leadership skills with a proven record leading a team of data engineers.
· Technical experience with both on-prem and Cloud Infrastructure.
· Data warehousing management, database optimization, and administration experience.
· Experience building systems to transition from datasets ranging from gigabytes to terabytes.
· Experience with Big Data tech (e.g., Spark, Scala, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Presto, Sqoop, Hadoop, Impala).
· Implementation of the SLDC - development, test, and production environments.
· Implement industry best practices including document principles, policies, standards, and governance process; while considering security, performance, scalability, and reliability.
· Evaluating systems: identifying infrastructure constraints, friction points, and implementing change to optimize and improve efficiency.
· Develop and maintain system design documents to illustrate current and future architecture.
What We’re Looking For
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related technical discipline required.
· 7+ years of experience in Design and Development with expert knowledge of DW Architecture and ETL Processes. Strong programming skills in ETL.
· Proven skill in data ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) - for extracting data from a specific source, applying transformation rules, and loading it into the data warehouse area.
· Data Warehousing: expertise in relational databases/multidimensional data warehouse design
· Ability to diagnose and resolve system bottlenecks
· Experience in capacity planning for computation and storage needs
· Competency in developing solutions for diverse and complex business problems
· Proactive, initiative taker, possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· A collaborative working style and ability to work independently in a team environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environments, manage multiple large projects
How to Stand Out
· MS degree in a technical field or equivalent
· Strong in Scala and Spark architecture
· Knowledge of AWS Data Stack using S3, EMR, Data Pipeline
· Experience with Java
· Experience building SSIS packages in Microsoft Visual Studio
· Experience building systems to transition from datasets ranging from gigabytes to terabytes
· Implement Big Data technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, Spark, Hbase, Presto, Sqoop, Hadoop, Impala, Spark, Scala)
Reference ID: J1002
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent