- Attention Sheet Metal Installers in Halifax
Randstad Staffing, Canada's #1 Integrated Staffing Firm is actively recruiting for a HVAC Installer to work for one of our National clients in Halifax NS. This position is expected to begin ASAP. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Sheet Metal Installer will work in collaboration with the Halifax installation team.
Installing HVAC Ducting and Equipment:
- Report to the Installation Foreman for assignments
- Assess job site and set up equipment prior to commencing work;
- Assist in receiving equipment and materials, check packing lists and ensure that quantities, product codes, measurements, etc. match the order before accepting
- If differences or shortfalls notify superior
- Follow safety protocol and comply with safety and occupational standards;
- Read and interpret installation diagrams
- Install ducting & equipment as per diagrams and direction from the Foreman
- Carry out HVAC installation, which includes ducting, fasteners on hangers and ducts, and insulation;
- Anchor and hook-up HVAC machinery such as air handling units, fans, chillers, ventilation equipment, etc;
- Assist in verifying that HVAC installation is functioning
- Ensure system is prepared for commissioning as per checklists and assist Engineers and Technicians in equipment testing and commissioning;
- Other appropriate tasks as requested by the foreman.
- Provide progress updates to the foreman
- Provide worked hours daily by project for approval for the purpose of hourly payroll
- Complete expense forms when required
- Report safety violations and poor performance or conduct;
- Notify the foreman immediately if the client requests any of its subcontractors to perform any work that may be considered outside the scope of work.
- Respect company policies;
- Flag any field problems encountered and resolutions to problems to the Foreman
- Dynamic workplace and fast growing international company.
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program.
- Continuous professional development
Please apply online or send your resume directly to:
- Minimum 3- 4 years of experience with HVAC installation
- Holds a valid Red Seal accreditation.
- Sheet metal experience
- Able to interpret drawings
- Able to measure accurately (imperial and metric).
- Good work quality and ability to work steadily to meet project timelines
- Good physical dexterity to work in tight or awkward locations
- Must have clear criminal record, must be able to meet security clearance requirements
- Fast-paced environment;
- Physically demanding;
- Attention to detail, good eye-hand coordination;
- Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Confined or restricted areas;
- Noisy environment .
Alyssa - email@example.com