Requisition ID: 161232
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
FCORE (Financial Crimes & Operational Risk Engineering) - Application Development team has an ongoing large scale Audit project to review the existing Anti-Money Laundering solution processes, documentation, and diagrams to ensure compliance hence seeking a technical business systems analyst.
This role will report to the Senior Manager and will be expected to work with Audit team directly to investigate their questions, provide answers and help to close any Audit issues raised over the course of the project. There may also be opportunities for development project work on various in-flight projects where the candidate will need to provide technical and operational assessments of requirements and contribute to design process for improving systems and business processes to deliver operational efficiency, positive employee and customer experience, and to satisfy regulatory requirements.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
1. Audit Project:
- Coordinate with Audit team to build and manage a backlog of their requests and ensure that those that are the highest priority are being worked on
- Provide accurate estimates for completion of Audit related tasks and communicate updates and explanation if those target dates need to change.
- Organize process and environment documentation. Where gaps are highlighted, work hands on to create documentation and processes to close those gaps
- Interact with various developers, BSAs and management to answer Audit questions and solution any gaps in process found.
2. Application Development:
- Facilitate ideation sessions with business sponsors and development representatives to formulate the business requirements and ensure adaptability of development iterations.
- Assist in release plans, specifying priority items to support product/solution functionality and help set the stage for sprint planning.
- Define and prioritize work for developers on the project and act as an SME for their questions and issues
- Investigate, understand and continually enhance knowledge of how the business works, uncovering opportunities and proactively identifying areas with potential for delivering value.
- Collaborate with Scrum Master and/or Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget, and expectations (understanding scope burndown and its impact on release expectations).
- Build strong relationships and maintain open communication channels between project team and customers/business sponsors/product owner(s) to ensure transparency.
- Work with product owners and/or end users to develop user stories, acceptance criteria or test cases for the product/system.
- May be called upon to fulfill various deliverables within the scrum team such as designer, story writer, tester, facilitator, etc.
3. Responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed, and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
4. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- 5 years of progressive working experience in technical business systems analysis.
- 3 years experience working with SQL, Python to be able to understand the current functionality of existing solutions
- 3 years experience with data mapping and documentation, experience working directly with Audit functions to answer questions and close findings
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Oracle FCCM, FCC Studio and/or other equivalent AML related products
- Previous work experience in regulatory environment an asset.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.