Structural Engineering Technician/Inspector

Kelly Services - Ottawa, ON (27 days ago)

Apply Now

Kelly Services is currently assisting a client search for a candidate with a mechanical, structural, or electrical engineering background for a position involving preparing plans and specification in the seismic protection design field. In this position, you will also be tasked with the inspection of the installation of the seismic protection devices on various construction sites.

On average, 70% of this job is done remotely, and the remaining 30% would be done on various clients' construction sites.

Requirements:

  • Mechanical, structural, or electrical engineering background;
  • Strong interpersonal skills;
  • Must have a valid driver's license and a car;
  • Bilingual (English & French);
  • Technician or inspection experience is an asset;
  • Building code knowledge is an asset

Description:

  • Preparing quotes for the clients;
  • Analyzing electromechanical plans (electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and HVAC) and the seismic section in the project specs;
  • Perform seismic load calculations;
  • Design a seismic protection system on the electromechanical components of the building;
  • Write and prepare plans and specifications;

______________________________________________________________________________

Kelly Services assiste un client actuellement dans la recherche d'un candidat possédant une formation en génie mécanique, structure ou électrique pour un poste impliquant la préparation de plans et de spécifications dans le domaine de la protection parasismique. Dans ce poste, vous serez également chargé d’inspecter des dispositifs parasismique sur divers chantiers de construction.

En moyenne, 70% de ce travail est effectué à distance et 30% sera effectués sur les chantiers de divers clients.

Exigences du poste:

  • Avoir de l’entregent;
  • Ingénieur en génie-mécanique ou structure ou électrique;
  • Permis de conduire et voiture;
  • Doit être bilingue (français et anglais);
  • Éxperience en tant que technicien ou inspécteur est un atout;
  • Connaissances sur les règlements de bâtiments sont un atout.

Description des tâches:

  • Représenter Solution Sismique dans la région d’Ottawa;
  • Préparer les soumissions pour les clients;
  • Analyser les plans d’électromécaniques (électricité, plomberie, protection incendie & ventilation) et le devis de parasismique;
  • Réaliser les calculs de protection parasismique;
  • Concevoir un système de protection parasismique sur les composantes électromécaniques du bâtiment;
  • Réaliser les plans et devis;
  • Céduler les rendez-vous d’inspections avec les clients;
  • Procéder aux visites d’inspections des dispositifs parasismiques;
  • Émettre le rapport final.

Job Type: Full-time

Education:

  • Bachelor's Degree (Required)