Nedlaw Group of Companies, Service and Repair Manager, manages service department team members, including customer service interactions, reports, and repairs all while providing the highest level of customer service with a sales-minded attitude while developing lasting customer relationships.
Reporting to the General Manager and/or Head of Production. The Service and Repair Manager will support the needs of the service department by assisting in planning, organizing and coordinating projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
General Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Run weekly service meeting, providing weekly updates on progress to Management Team
- Attend site meeting when needed
- Ensuring preparation of documents for submission to City/Region/GC/Property Owner is completed, accurate and submitted on time.
- Prepare work plans and make revisions when needs arise, ensuring proper approvals are done ahead of time
- Perform a key role in planning and implementing and improving current process
- Communicate effectively with the all personnel responsible for completing various phases of the project
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Liaises with contractors to obtain estimations, pricing, product specifications, warranties and other correspondence
- Ensure trade lists are up to date
- Tracking of project schedules and ensuring projects are completed on time
- Ensure project documents are complete including photos.
- Must be able to work extended hours, including weekends when business requires
- Ability to provide simultaneous support for needs across multiple projects in various phases
- Able to instigate action for sub-trades, vendors and suppliers
- Dealing with vendors, clients, consultants and project managers
- Site Visits/Quality Assurance checks
- Secure work for service division.
- Consistently keeping (5) crews minimum working daily 8 hours.
- Ensuring on high volume leak days, we get to every leak call.
- Be on call for emergency leak calls after hours
- Only use good roofing practices
- Meet and aim to exceed gross revenue budget for the year
- Oversee administrative service staff ensuring that they are kept productive, held accountable for actions and on-time.
- Ensuring all service operations are under budget
- Ensure that all billings, quotes and reports are looked over and accurate before sending out to customers.
- Verifying and signing off on all timesheets
- Oversee quality of roofers installation ensuring picture policy is followed
- Keep service vehicle fleet in good operation
- Ensure service roofers abide by NEDLAW company policies
- Generate new business/find new customers
- Discipline roofers as per Nedlaw disciplinary policy when applicable otherwise following ESA
- Being accountable for actions and decisions made by the department.
- Assists with or performs administrative tasks
- Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
- Regularly audits work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Oversees team members performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs; if necessary, carries out these job duties personally to ensure highest quality of work
- Work hand in hand with production to keep the production jobs moving efficiently
Post Secondary Education in Project management or similar
Minimum 5 Years experience in Roofing Industry
Read, Write and Speak English
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call