Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference, where you can be engaged in the day to day and while handling more senior responsibilities? If so, you will be interested in joining our team. We are a diversified transportation company based in Surrey, BC serving Western Canada and the United States. We are looking for a dynamic individual to bring their skills and enthusiasm to this position.
The purpose and role of our Administration Manager is to support the day to day business operation and primarily focuses on improving the services provided the customer through quality control and training. The Administration Manager seeks to bridge gaps in processes and continually looks for better, smarter and more effective ways of serving our customers and supporting the admin staff. This position reports to the Director and helps provide leadership for the day to day operations in the department.
This opportunity is perfect for a person with 3 years’ experience in a like or similar role.
- Within the company’s goal of continuous improvement, helps create and maintains a positive environment of learning
- Ensures optimal effective utilization of staff, scheduling, production and quality
- Ensures team is in compliance with Canada Customs and US Customs when processing cross-border shipments and related paperwork
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the work activities of the team members in order to provide prompt and efficient services to both internal and external customers
- The role identifies and solves workflow problems, requiring a clear focus on customer service & maintaining effective business relationships
- Creates the framework or model to identify variations in production measurements allowing for appropriate management responses
- Interfaces with other departments especially in a problem solving capacity
- Helps develops and refines processes and systems to streamline processing of all freight related documents
- Identifies problems for review and development of appropriate solutions
- Monitors workforce and employee performance; initiates and conducts interviews and disciplinary meetings when appropriate
- Responds to and delegates responsibility for internal and external correspondence; maintains routine administrative functions in an orderly and timely manner
- Deals with employee problems, concerns and motivates staff
- Interprets standard operating procedures and practices for unusual conditions and occurrences and makes appropriate decisions in the best interests of the company, the customer and our employees
Education and Experience
- Minimum of eight years of progressive administrative experience
- Post secondary education preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Balance between strategic and operational focus
- Systematic approach, Multi-tasking, Time management, Team management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel skills, Word, Outlook)
- Sound working knowledge of Canada Customs documents, conversant in cross border movement of goods both from a northbound and southbound perspective
- Ability to research, analyze and communicate in the best interests of the company
- Knowledge of the Transportation Industry
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrates superior communication skills that foster open, respectful communication and dialogue
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits plan and an opportunity for advancement.
This position is open to all qualified individuals. Women, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- administrative: 8 years (Preferred)