A locally owned small business is looking for a shipper/receiver for permanent, full time employment Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm in our warehouse and at the front desk. You will be responsible for accurately shipping products to our customers across Canada as well as receiving, organizing and storing incoming product correctly.
You will be expected to use an inventory software as well as some manual record keeping. You will effectively communicate with the sales and accounting departments as well as with the owner on a daily basis. An important part of the position is answering the phone and working directly with customers regarding their orders and vendors for shipments. As well, you are expected to follow all safety standards and guidelines to maintain a safe workplace for yourself, other employees and guests.
- Experience in shipping and receiving in a warehouse environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical supplies and equipment, including electrical breakers and panels, is an asset.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry heavy equipment or materials (up to 25 kg).
- Steel toe shoes or boots are required.
- Fluent in English.
- Well-organized, able to multitask but also attentive to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to use standard e-mail applications and internet based programs at an intermediate level.
- Good knowledge of standard office record keeping and filing procedures.
- Ability to think quickly and resolve issues.
- Knowledgeable in shipping management and transaction software, as well as MS Office is an asset.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, solve problems, be able and willing to work without direct supervision
- Ability to operate forklift is an asset.
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Answer emails and telephone calls as well as in-person requests for products and orders.
- Assemble containers and crates, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks, etc.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. You must apply through email only, and include your resume. A cover letter is optional, but encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Shipping And Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)