Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SyscoCorporation or Twitter at www.twitter.com/Sysco_Corp
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This is a Senior Leadership Operations position responsible for Inbound and Outbound Warehouse; Fleet Services; Facilities Management (including building, grounds, power industrial equipment, sanitation, security); Transportation (including routing, delivery, and backhaul); Operations Systems and related third party providers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of the building, its contents and people; and management and direction of staff.
- Responsible for the wholesome, accurate, efficient, fiscally responsible daily work and safety of Inbound and Outbound Warehouse, Transportation (Delivery), Fleet Services, Facilities departments and associates.
- Prepares and executes annual Profit Plan with direct input from management team. Oversees budget management including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third-party contracts. Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Analyzes growth of Operating Company against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Champions’ efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within areas of responsibility. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including, but not limited to, food safety documentation, MOT records, EPSM, PSM, etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Ensures compliance with all Insurance Pooling requirements; with municipal, provincial and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, MOT, FDA, CFIA, DOL, CVOR, etc.); with licensing and log book requirements and with food safety policies, protocols and requirements.
- Monitors the condition and maintenance of the warehouse, fleet services, equipment, software, ammonia refrigeration system, HVAC systems, fire protection, and office by ensuring that all are kept consistent with the safety, security, sanitation and appearance standards set by Sysco in an effort to reduce or eliminate operations-related injuries or accidents, damage/loss of product or equipment, and unnecessary costs. Ensures contingency systems/practices/protocols are in place to eliminate business disruption.
- Oversees emergency response or crisis management activities. Develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development and response effort coordination. Assists Environmental Health & Safety Lead with training initiatives.
- Evaluates and ensures the appropriate use and updating of all department software systems. Communicates with Merchandising, Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Provides assistance in the solicitation of new or prospective business by participating in company meetings and presentations when necessary, and in other market area activities to develop and foster the Company’s recognition within the business community.
- Participates in Company decisions as a member of Senior Staff.
- Oversees or participates in the interpretation, adherence and negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement. Participate in grievance or arbitration proceedings.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and implements or responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a closely related field required; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10 years Operations distribution management experience.
- Experience managing in a unionized work environment is an asset.
- Strong negotiations, presentation and communication (both verbal and written) skills to effectively lead, motivate, mentor and develop team.
Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)