Our established Agile Development team is looking for a seasoned Technical Business System Analyst that can operate independently in our downtown Toronto office at Scotiabank. The Domain is Banking Lending / Credit.
Are you a passionate BSA with technical aptitude? You’ll be working in a very collaborate and fun environment developing new and unprecedented features that are first to market.
Technical Business Analyst will help with analysis & translation of code, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of internal Scotiabank applications.
Agile experience is imperative with a strong skill set in story mapping and story writing. Ability to easily use JIRA or Confluence is strongly desired.
- Seasoned BSA with Banking experience and an ability to work independently
- Work with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Use agile best practices, to build requirements and user stories with the primary goal of consistent incremental delivery of MVP and multi-phased product solutions
- Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
- Participate in scrum teams on the development of applications, ensuring the applications accurately represent the business requirement and metrics
- Design and develop Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Business Process
- Ability to communicate to company leadership, stakeholders, team leaders and users with respect, efficiency, appropriate acuteness and desire to both understand and be understood
- Ability to render technical problems and decisions into product choices and impacts
- Solid technical background in software development, modern database and system architecture
- 8+ years industry experience as a Technical Business Analyst with excellent understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Analysis, Business Process Modeling
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation preferred.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence or similar work management tool is a plus
- Financial industry experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with billing solutions including calculations, statement design, distribution and settlement for large complex customers and product suites.
- Experience working with banking payments, operating account and deposit investment product services for small business, corporate and commercial customers.
Job Type: Contract
- Technical BSA: 7 years (Preferred)