AFL is a leading provider of integrated solutions in the fiber optics industry. By offering expertise, products, and services in engineering, construction, and installation and repairs, AFL provides end-to-end solutions for customers’ broadband networks. From being environmentally-conscious to ensuring a healthy and safe working environment, AFL invests in its employees. AFL proactively engages with its communities through grants, service projects, environmental initiatives and more. Through a culture of commitment and collaboration, the company is a trusted advisor for customers in the telecom, oil and gas, and utilities markets. AFL is proud of its impact on communities, connecting people with innovative technologies, exceptional products, and high-quality services.
We have a reputation in the fiber optics industry for consistently being at the forefront of technology and innovation. Want proof? We were founded in 1984 with a single product, fiber optic ground wire. Today, we sell thousands of products and services to multiple markets across the globe and have become a billion-dollar company in revenue. Not only do we have a track record for growth and financial stability, but we are also backed by Fujikura, a $6 billion company with a 128-year history of product innovation. With our culture of commitment and professional growth opportunities, AFL will give you the opportunity to reach new heights and take your career to the next level.
AFL has operations in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Europe, Asia, and Australia and employs over 6000 people worldwide.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will provide support to the Telecommunications Technicians team (internally known as MxU Installers team) and its multitude of new/start-up construction buildings and/or projects. The incumbent will be required to exhibit strong stakeholder engagement involvement in day-to-day interactions with both internal and external clients. In addition, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Telecommunications project team and clients, including ensuring that processes, protocols, and quality standards are adhered to, and periodic reports are properly received, generated, and managed.
Please note that this is a full-time temporary position for parental leave until September 2020, with the possibility of being extended further 6 months to March 2021.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTING OUTCOMES
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of maintaining services and ensuring processes are followed and kept up to date
- Assist with and maintain materials, inventory and vendor management
- Review and validate scheduling, invoicing, materials, key project deliverables and planning and coordination with various stakeholders and/or teams
- Provide revisions and as-builds on designs and provide timely communication to clients for review and awareness of issues/discrepancies
- Oversee the implementation of processes and ensure quality standards per internal and client specifications are met and adhered to
- Interact daily with internal field team to track site progress and provide communications on project updates and/or changes
- Prepare reports for ongoing projects to management including, but not limited to, generating various reports, dashboards, attendance, and daily activity
- Handle data entries for specified projects and internal technician timecards
- Manage incoming escalations and use discretion to communicate to relevant team(s) to mitigate and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (i.e. video conferencing, presentations, etc.)
- Engage in field visits to better understand the full scope of projects, deliverables and quality standards on site
- Assist with forecasting project deliverables/materials and plans to ensure targets and timelines are met
- Manage documentation and data storage systems including both archived and active documentation
- Assist with employee management, including training and scheduling
- Help build and maintain positive relations within the team
- Protect organizations’ values by keeping information confidential
- Enhance organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL
- Employee may be asked to perform other ancillary or related duties as required, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in coordination and/or administration
- University Degree considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with written and verbal fluency in English
- Proficient in MS Office—specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minute-taking or note-taking skills considered an asset
- Knowledge in agile project management software considered an asset
- Knowledge of key principles of document layout design considered an asset
Physical, Sensory and Mental Requirements
- Normal office environment
- Some travel may be required occasionally (up to 10%)
- 40 hours/week, with general hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Occasional weekend or longer hours during month-end close
WHY WORK FOR AFL
- We Care: Our Employees are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching, Employee and Family Assistance Program and more.
- We Include: AFL is an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- We Develop: We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We Reward: Abundant discounts with various retailers via our Work Perks Program.
- We have Fun! Employee Events throughout the Year!
- We Connect…. #WeareAFL
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract