Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
Each of our client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client's business more flexible.
Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the United States and in Canada. Our services include transloading and automated sortation, cross-docking, replenishment, drayage management, and inland transportation.
We are looking for Yard Coordinators to join our North America Warehouse and Distribution team. These positions will be based in Pitt Meadows, BC.
The Yard Coordinator reports directly to the Yard Manager and is responsible for the daily operation, safety, housekeeping and security of their assigned yard. Must properly and timely report all equipment on yard to internal and external customers. Ensure accurate and timely updates in required systems (WebEC, YMS, etc).
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offers third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, PT has key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Performance Team has delivered significant sales and profitability growth over the last 8 years and will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Equipment Inventory and verification.
- Verify Container Pool
- Verifies accuracy of inbound container and outbound trailer documentation
- Monitor containers and provide support to resolve issues as necessary
- Outbound Equipment Billing
- Container and Chassis Inspections and Cleaning
- Supervising Maintenance & Repair of all equipment (Trailers, Containers and Yard Trucks).
- Ensuring yard layout and housekeeping are maintained per company expectations.
- Physically able to climb up steps of the yard truck and open/close trailer and container doors.
We are looking for
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and other related programs).
- Knowledge of container and trailer repair and maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one and provide a Motor Vehicle Report
- Must have the ability to work nights, holidays and weekends is required. Overtime may be required. Location is a 24/7 operation
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multitask in office and on yard.
- Must be an aggressive self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The purpose of this document is to provide a summary of the generic functions/tasks associated with this position. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible position responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the incumbent might differ from those outlined here and additional duties may be assigned at the manager’s discretion. The position description details as outlined below are also subject to change and may be reassigned at any time.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the warehouse setting, employee may be walking, standing and/or loading goods for long periods of time. The ability to bend/stoop, reach above shoulder level, walk; stand; carry of light to heavy goods weighing up to 50 pounds is required. Should be able to hear & speak clearly using phone / headset to communicate with customers; be able to navigate, view & enter information on the computer. At times may be required significantly extended shift hours based on business need.