Department Manager, Full time Temporary
Seasons Retirement Communities, Olds Encore
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the place for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position . We’re looking for a Business Manager. The Business Manager is responsible for all aspects of office routines and clerical duties for residents and service team members in the community.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- We provide health and dental benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Share Program
- Investment in leadership and travel experiences
- Group discounts on home and auto insurance
- Has a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in the seniors housing or hospitality industry
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests
Responsibilities:Resident and Guest Services:
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification, Safe Food Handling Certification
- Successful completion of a financial management or book keeping diploma or certificate; OR
- Equivalent relative professional experience
- Provide initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors.
- Provide direction to visitors and callers
- Provide support to the General Manager for public relations, service team member relations and resident care aspects of the operation of the community
- Participates as a member of the Service Team Leaders and provides support to the other members of the team
- Sets up Depositor Information Packages and sets up new resident files
- Welcomes and orientates new residents, family and friends
- Respond to queries from potential residents, family members and friends as required
- Answers telephone, using Seasons approved telephone script
- Sorts incoming mail daily for distribution to residents and departments and manages outgoing mail
- Typing correspondence including confidential material
- Composes correspondence that does not require the General Manager’s attention
- Work with the Leasing Manager on a daily basis to ensure Salesforce is accurate and remains current with numbers
- Organizes workflow through administrative office
- Co-ordinates meetings and scheduled appointments as required
- Completes routine forms as required or directed
- Effectively maintains inventory of office supplies
- Maintains a complete set of accounting records in the community
- Ensures Yardi remains current in terms of move ins, transfers, notices, move outs, POS and changes in service packages
- Provides notices of resident increases
- Works with General Manager to handle inquiries concerning billings and payments from residents and/or their families
- Prepares bank deposits
- Maintains confidentiality of all financial service team member and resident data
- Maintains daily records
- Oversees and co-ordinates concierge/reception service team members
- Reports the number of paid staff hours, changes and/or problems with scheduling
- Acts as a counselor to staff in the area of performance management and reports any difficulties to Employee Services and Resident and Guest Services
- Assists the service team members with developing skills and setting goals in the area of their own performance and career development
- Understanding policies and procedures and legislation relating to disciplinary matters within the community and must be familiar with the terms of any Collective Agreement/Association Agreement
- Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, service team members, guests and residents and is alert to remedies and promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Is aware of employees and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures
- Maintains basic knowledge of relevant legislation (Employment Standards, Tenant Protection etc…)
- Maintains current knowledge of information required by various government or other agencies regarding residents.
- Maintains membership in relevant professional organizations;
- Actively pursues formal and informal continuing education for both the maintenance and upgrading of professional and managerial confidence;
- Understands the lines of authority, flexibility and communications within the Company and uses them effectively to meet responsibilities
- Demonstrates accountability for her/his own action
- Undertakes responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
he Location. Seasons Olds Encore is based in Olds, Alberta
About Olds Encore. In the heart of central Alberta in Olds, Seasons Olds Encore offers varying levels of support from independent living to supportive living. Our home features a fully-serviced private residence, co-located with Supportive Living Level 4 suites, giving our residents optimal choice in care and services. Warm and welcoming, residents enjoy the worry-free retirement they deserve.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages and benefits packages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.