Prince Rupert Grain Ltd. (PRG) operates a state-of-the-art grain shipping facility on Ridley Island in Prince Rupert. The terminal receives grain by rail and processes, sorts and stores grain for loading onto ships bound for markets around the world. PRG is currently accepting resumes for the position of Operations Supervisor.
Reporting to the Operations Department, this position will ensure that all operational and staff resources are fully deployed and functioning consistent with department and Company standards regarding health and safety, quality control and housekeeping.
Nature and Scope of Work:
- Coordinate the grain handling activities associated with receiving rail cars, cleaning, blending, inspecting grain and grain by-products to achieve the maximum benefit for the company.
- Coordinate the movement of grain for vessel shipping by accurately delivering the product to the vessel to meet the contract specifications of the sale.
- Manages the movement of grain using a Central Control System and participates in advancing technological change to improve operations.
- Communicate with external agencies to ensure the efficient and correct movement of grain through the terminal. These include but are not limited to, CGC, other 3rd party inspection companies, CNR, and Stevedores.
- Provides direction and leadership to staff while managing within a collective agreement.
- Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Oversees, maintains and enforces the standards of our established Safety procedures, Plant rules, Canada Labour Code, Canada Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the collective agreement.
- Interface with vessels regarding Marine Transportation Security and loading requirements.
- Knowledge of the Bulk Terminal Operations is an asset
- Some mechanical aptitude
- MS Office and report writing talents
- Time and people management
- Motivational skills
- Post-secondary degree/diploma and five years related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience with the ability to provide leadership and direction to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate, lead and build effective relationships
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Experience in Railyard Operations, Agriculture, Power Engineering or Maritime Industry would be an asset.
Prince Rupert Grain, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Prince Rupert Grain Ltd. is not accepting resumes in person at this time.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted to proceed through the hiring process.
Application deadline: 2020-08-21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent