We have an opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join our Purchasing Services team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the administrative duties in support of the procurement function and process. Your responsibilities will include the administration of the competitive bid process, creation of purchase orders, contracts, provider profiles, invoice matching and validation, and monitoring of workflow.
At this time, this is a hybrid position where you will work primarily at home and be on-site at our Richmond office occasionally.
This is to fill a permanent position, and also a temporary 18 months position.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Identify, prioritize, and schedule multiple and concurrent tasks, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of changing priorities and deadlines
- Provide quality customer service in a timely manner while exhibiting diplomacy and professionalism
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, external service providers, management and work teams in a confident, objective and diplomatic manner
- Analyze information, anticipate problems/opportunities, assess available information and use sound judgement in taking appropriate action
- Apply standard purchasing principles, policies, and procedures
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of grade 12
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Must have basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to perform arithmetic calculations accurately
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. For the permanent position, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits and contributions toward your retirement pension. We also offer continuous learning opportunities, leadership development programs, and tuition reimbursement to make your career at WorkSafeBC rewarding. For the temporary position, your total compensation package includes a competitive salary, plus 4% in lieu of vacation and 4% in lieu of benefits. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
We’ve adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer.
You will be required to successfully meet WorkSafeBC’s requirements with regards to a criminal record clearance.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.