- Understand customer requirements and devise solutions to integrate assets for the purpose of capturing data and transmitting to the cloud platform
- Leverage sensors, electrical meters, SugeGateway (IoT Gateways) and other products to create integrations solution for building, industrial and automotive assets for the purpose of capturing data relating to critical parameters - integration activities may entail Modbus, Bacnet, Canbus, SNMP protocols and working with sensors and other hardware.
- Hands-on experience with sensors, controls, BAS, etc
- Leverage wired and wireless network including, Wi-Fi, Cellular and LoRa Wan to transmit data to the platform
- Program IoT Gateway to capture data from machine controllers, PLCs, Building Automation Systems, Sensors, and other assets and transmit such data to SurgeCloud or other Cloud IoT Platforms (Amazon, Azure, etc)
- Carry out low voltage system installations, troubleshooting
- Integrate various MEP systems; chillers, Rooftop HVAC units, VFDs, PLCs, boilers and other digitally controlled systems;
- Interact with engineers, hardware vendors, and sub-contractors to identify and select appropriate hardware/equipment and other project needs,
- Manage activities on various projects, coordinating with electricians for conduit locations, wire pulls, terminations; self-performing on small low voltage projects.
- Develop understanding and define key parameters relating to various building and industrial systems
- Participate in building system investigations, produce reports summarizing inadequacies and corrective prescriptions. Interact with SurgeCloud and other IoT Platforms) clients and end-users
- Provide pre-sales support to business development resources, including demos, information gathering, defining requirements and creating customer proposals.
- Estimating, proposals and assist the business development team
Qualification and Experience
- 4+ of years’ experience in Automation control design, installation, and service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to estimate, design and install turnkey Automation Controls systems based on project drawings and specifications
- Effectively coordinate with other groups on projects such as contractors, building engineers, industrial engineers, subcontractors, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with building control systems such as Johnson Controls, Siemens, Trane, Delta, is a plus
- Knowledge of building systems, including chillers, boilers, rooftop units
- Ability to diagnose complex controls and mechanical issues.
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networks, Serial bus.
- Installing and programming IoT Gateway products to capture data from assets, including but not limited to, HVAC -chiller plants, RTUs, boiler plants, air handlers, as well industrial equipment compressed air, power generators, process water systems, cooling towers, trend logging, alarms
- Good understanding of wired and wireless communication channels, including Cellular, Wifi, RF, LoRa, and others
- Familiar with Niagara Building Automation Systems and controls
- Skillset in computer networking which includes LANs, hubs, routers, network settings, etc
- Work with IoT professionals to integrate field integration controls into digital infrastructure securely while providing adequate access.
- College Diploma or Degree in Mechnical or Electrical Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)