We’re looking for people who put their innovation work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
You will lead our team of engineers, scientists, and technicians responsible for new product development and continuous improvement of our Thermal Management Segment's electronics products.
Your team is responsible for the development, testing, qualification, and technical aspects of commercialization of new products and support of legacy products, including hardware, firmware, test systems, and demonstration. You will also lead and participate in NPI planning & strategy, performance management, and continuous improvement enablement.
What YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Direct the work of engineers, scientists, and technicians, etc. in the design, analysis, prototyping, and testing within project portfolio.
- Assist with the resolution of technical issues related to product design, system design, and compliance with industry standards.
- Collaborate with software team to create digital eco-system that includes design tools, and monitoring / supervisory products.
- Engage in process transformation to support strategy and continuous improvement.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure logistics (Operations), processes (Quality), materials (Supply), and certifications (Approvals) support the design intent and product performance.
- Apply Agile concepts for portfolio management in a physical product development environment using Program Increment planning.
- Provide engineering change approval & management of existing products.
- Ensure team safety through oversight of associated labs and equipment.
- Oversee assessment and resolution of technical aspects of field returns.
- Conduct research to support innovation.
- Provide technical leadership through technical reports, published papers, seminars, patents, and active participation in the technical community (Industry Associations).
- Manage the Electronics team, including development plans & selection decisions.
- Plan and manage Electronics Cost Center Budgets
- BS or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics with Electronics Emphasis
- MS or PhD degree desirable
- Ideally at least 10 years relevant new product development experience from concept to end of life.
- Excellent project management skills to efficiently organize, plan, and track project activities
- Excellent engineering ability and aptitude
- Knowledge of Global hazardous and non-hazardous area approvals for electrical equipment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and development
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies
- Proven success running multiple small and large projects simultaneously.
- Proven success working with 3rd party contractors and off-shore development and test teams.
- Develop and manage yearly engineering budget identifying both CAPEX and expenses
- Experience working with international cross-functional technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PLM and eCAD tools (ENOVIA, Altium) an asset
- A passion for technology and analytics
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,000 people, across more than 80 global locations
- We have a robust portfolio of product brands dating back more than 100 years and including: nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.