Business Unit: IT
Career Area: Administration
Location: Edmonton, AB
JOB SNAPSHOT – Now Hiring!
We are currently hiring for a Full Time System Administrator.
AFD is growing and changing quickly, and we are looking for someone who wants to come along for the ride. With 11 offices across AB, BC, Yukon, and Alaska, AFD plays a critical role in distributing petroleum products (fuel, heating oil and lubricants) to a wide range of customers. This position will offer many opportunities to learn new skills and technologies, with an emphasis on self-led and on-the-job learning. IT has a laser focus on customer experience. We need someone who is results-oriented, determined to find a fix in any situation and willing to learn new things and push their boundaries. A new team is being assembled and you’ll be there to help build it, provide input, and make a meaningful impact on the organization.
Success in this role will be based on your ability and desire to learn new tools, technologies and deliver high quality technology services and support. A professional attitude and ability to provide outstanding customer service to our internal customers is essential.
Your mission at AFD: Delivering superior customer service, combined with innovative equipment and technology. We will exceed our customers’ expectations thereby creating unique opportunities for our company.
- Telephone support, including mobile devices
- Peripheral maintenance, such as printers, monitors, laptop docks
- User/system administration.
- IMACs (installs, moves, add, change)
- Desktop lifecycle management
- Own Incident Management, both independently and/or in collaboration with the IT team
- Provide support and make use of a wide range of IT related platforms
- Plan and execute various IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Take part in our ERP replacement program, providing end-user first-level support
- Maintain local infrastructure, such as physical servers, networking, service equipment and firewalls
- Working with the IT team to identify and work towards IT service improvements.
- Promote and implement automation to replace manual processes
- Liaising with 3rd party service providers
- Escalation of IT issues to IT Manager where necessary
- Ensure IT documentation is up-to-date, and create documentation as necessary
- Create self-help/service guides
- Support and champion IT policies and procedures
OTHER KEY SKILLS
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate colleagues in the decision-making process
- Be confident in your ability and adapt to changing priorities.
- Be driven, and highly motivated with a strong willingness to learn and undertake continuous development opportunities.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and be approachable.
- Enjoy and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technology-related problems and make recommendations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills via phone and email
- Good documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Medical benefits after 90 days
- Competitive wages
- Educational assistance
- Boot allowance
- Paid orientation & training
- Professional development opportunities
- Have 2+ years of previous experience and technical ability of windows desktops and server operating systems and hardware.
- Demonstrate an understanding and technical ability of key skills, such as, VMware, networking, problem solving, backup and recovery, server hardware, desktop support and firewall equipment.
- 2+ years of M365 Technologies (Cloud, AD)
- Experience with Windows 10 and Windows Server OS (Server 2012-2019)
- Experience with Active Directory administration
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN/WAN environments (DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.)
- Firewall networking and configuration (Meraki preferred)
- Hypervisor/Virtualization experience
- Fundamental knowledge of network security best practices
- Experience with backup and recovery solutions and procedures
- Programming experience, or be equipped to read and understand code, with preference given to candidates showing an ability to be able to code and automate manual processes using C#, Python, PowerShell, or other languages.
- 2+ years of IT support experience
- 2+ years of Windows Server administration experience
- Experience with training employees with the ability to transfer knowledge to others on learning new processes and systems would be considered an asset
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- No formal education is required for this role. We are looking for knowledge, experience and the right attitude
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The selected candidate will regularly work in an office/field setting. There may be a need to attend to situations on work sites.
Exposure to noise, dust, odors, fumes, and oils may occur. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and listen. The physical requirements of this position are sedentary typically including but not limited to sitting / standing / walking, climbing stairs, lifting to 20 pounds, and completing tasks requiring manual dexterity.
AFD: Quality, Fuels & Lubricants
At AFD, our corporate culture reflects our ongoing commitment to both our customers and our people. We believe people are our greatest asset and as such, we promote a safe and friendly workplace, encouraging open communication, teamwork, and personal growth. Our team is essential for our success now and in the future.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.