Scorpio Masonry is a busy masonry company with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team to start work immediately.
Masonry Labourers at Scorpio Masonry have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding masonry projects. These projects vary in size and type, and include projects such as new commercial buildings and interesting restoration projects, to building residential community entrance features and block fences. The Masonry Labourer position is very physical in nature, and includes a wide variety of duties.
- Loading and unloading masonry materials and construction equipment, and moving the material around the work area. This includes loading material such as brick and block onto the scaffold.
- Building and dismantling scaffolding.
- Mixing mortar and concrete.
- Operating equipment such as mortar and concrete mixers, saws, grinders, drills, pumps, etc. as directed.
- Operating a forklift/zoom boom.
- Removing debris from the work area and keeping the jobsite clean.
- Levelling earth to specification using a rake and shovel.
- Handling weight up to 45kg (100lbs).
- Other activities as directed.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to handle physically demanding work and willing to perform a variety of tasks as required.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- The following certifications are an asset: Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS), First Aid, WHMIS, Forklift Operator.
- Experience in the construction field is an asset.
- This position is available to start immediately. Wage will be based on relevant experience.
- Overtime hours may be requested on occasion.
- Job sites are located throughout Vancouver and the surrounding area. Reliable transportation is required, as some job sites may have limited access to public transportation.
- You must supply your own steel-toed safety boots, a hard hat and gloves. Other safety equipment will be provided as required for the work environment.
- Competitive wages, holiday and vacation pay. Wage will be based on relevant experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, available after 3 months continuous employment.
- In-house safety training.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Individuals who show an interest in the trade and potential as a bricklayer could become a Bricklayer’s Apprentice after working as a labourer for 6 months.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume
- If you have questions, please contact our office at 604.249.0616.
Job Type: Full-time