AutoIQ Dealership Network is comprised of 17 successful automotive dealerships throughout Central & Southern Ontario. We are ambitious, innovative and forward-thinking and we strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset. As lifelong students of our craft, we pursue improvement at every turn. We do not settle for “Best” because our quest to improve and grow doesn’t have a finish line.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Payroll to join our Finance & Accounting team.
Purpose/Summary of Position:
The Manager, Payroll in an integral member of AutoIQ’ s Finance & Accounting team and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the organizations various payrolls. As a member of Finance & Accounting, this role acts as the resource as the Payroll expert for the organization. The role manages the payroll department to contribute to maximizing the overall employee experience. Reporting to our VP of Finance & Accounting, the Manager, Payroll is an industry expert and resource in all matters related to payroll, including, but not limited to: payroll, statutory and non-statutory deductions, employee benefits, staff expenses, payroll journal entry preparation and various other payroll functions.
- Provide leadership, training, and direction to the payroll department personnel to ensure attainment of business objectives
- Manage the full cycle payroll process for several locations across Ontario.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of payrolls for hourly, salaried and commission employees.
- Train and coach payroll team; ensure external training is received, as necessary.
- Supervises assigned personnel (e.g. screening, interviewing, recommending, training, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring that department outcomes are achieved.
- Oversees workload of department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements.
- Coach other internal teams on best practices, policies, and programming to reduce errors, encourage learning & understanding.
- Deliver payroll services in compliance with provincial and federal legislation.
- Ensure all legislative requirements regarding tax withholding, remittance and income reporting have been met both on-going and at year-end.
- Ensure payroll data, including bonuses and vacation are processed accurately in the payroll system.
- Ensure that employee transactions, as they relate to payroll data, are processed accurately.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve payroll issues.
- Act as payroll subject matter expert for the organization and point of contact for all payroll related escalations.
- Prepare periodic and on-demand reports.
- Prepare materials for internal and external auditors as required.
- Develop operating efficiency improvements and capabilities to enhance process.
- Remain up to date with all legislative changes.
- Manage the processing of off cycle pay and terminations.
- Ability to manage, build, and test payroll and absence modules.
- Analyze data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence
- Administer voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Maintains a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Communicates with a variety of internal and external parties (city/provincial/federal agencies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate processing of payroll deductions/garnishments.
- Benefits payroll experience preferred
- Deep understanding of benefits administration
The Manager, Payroll is positive motivator who is skilled in enacting change, celebrating wins, fostering collaboration and growth, improving efficiencies and providing impactful support for our payroll department. The Payroll Manager is a do-er, who’s sense of urgency and passion for process is equal to their natural talent for building and cultivating relationships.
We expect our leaders to emulate the behaviours and attributes outlined in our Leadership Profile and to mirror the Core Values of AutoIQ. Our leaders understand that the best team will provide the best customer service and as such, make attracting and retaining talent a top priority because it is critical to our success. Assisting our leaders in fostering an overall culture of happy, empowered and engaged individuals is a key priority of this role.
- Exceptional communicator highly skilled in active listening, conflict resolution and change management
- Acts as a resource and advocate for employee wellness and consistently mirrors
the vision, values and goals of the organization
- Energized by challenges and thrives in a high-volume role effectively managing multiple competing priorities
- Proactive self-starter with a desire for accountability
- Operates with the highest level of integrity
- Exceptional initiative, high energy, proven resiliency and positive attitude
- Process driven with impeccable organization and prioritization abilities
- Impeccable follow-through and commitment to building and cultivating relationships
- Flexibility and understanding to changing priorities and adaptable changes in the organization
Why We’re Awesome:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll, with 3 years as a Manager
- Designated as a Certified Payroll Manager with the Canadian Payroll Association
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation including but not limited to ESA, OHSA, OLRA
- Experience in automobile dealership a definite asset
- Advanced level technical aptitude including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits,
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Payroll experience with
- Operating partner infrastructure: We provide opportunities for advancement all the way up to ownership in the business
- Shared Core Values and Operating Principles across our dealership network
- Commitment to an exceptional employee experience
- Full benefit programs & competitive compensation plans
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Collaborative work environment & group support
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence with resume and cov