- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience driving design and implementation of web-based user interfaces using technologies such as AngularJS or React
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python or NodeJS
- Experience building components of service-oriented architectures
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface and web UI that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We’re looking for a Front End Engineer to drive technology to join our team. You will focus on the challenges of writing software and designing user experiences to handle the vast array of use cases that customers use on S3 today. You will dig into the UX details of new object API features one week, and will drive design for new S3 storage analytic visualizations the next. You will brainstorm new UI experiences that break ground in enabling new enterprise workloads on S3. You will own innovations in securing workloads that come into S3's front door. You will mentor a group of engineers from the ground up to build solutions that impact a wide swath of customers with a focus on high standards in coding, testing, and delivery.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to transform service security, durability, availability, performance and cost.
- Long-term architecture planning and feature planning
- Using software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables
- Effectively estimating time to implement design
- Solving technical challenges with a lot of ambiguity
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design patterns and algorithms
- Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to lead teams through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
- Experience innovating with UX technologies and frameworks
- Expert understanding of UI design principles