Dogtopia is seeking an English speaking, permanent, full-time (30–44 hours per week) Dog Groomer who is passionate about canines and committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our clients.
- Responsible for all bathing, drying, nail trimming, and ear cleaning of all sizes and breeds of dogs
- Able to perform breed specific and pet style cuts and trims
- Ability to calmly handle all temperaments
- Ensure a high level of sanitization in the spa
- Ability to perform nail trims using both a Dremel and nail clippers
- Ability to recognize different skin and hair conditions including lice, ticks, fleas, hot spots, etc.
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic understanding of all tools and equipment required to groom
- Offering clients advice and expertise on how to best maintain their dog's coat
- Growing the business through word of mouth and referrals
- Provide lots of love and attention to our furry salon clients
- Take phone calls and book grooming appointments
- Report weekly to store manager
In ensuring Dogtopia’s clients are in capable hands, our Dog Groomer must meet the following requirements:
- Completed high school;
- Minimum 21 years of age;
- Minimum of 2 years experience with professional canine grooming including cuts and trims;
- Available to work as early as 8:00 a.m. and as late as 6 p.m.; and
- Previous dog daycare, boarding, spa, grooming and/or training experience are assets.
Work Location/How to Apply
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply in person at Dogtopia’s Edmonton Downtown location at 10529 - 116 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5H 3L8. Alternatively, cover letters and resumes can be sent by email.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Grooming: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)