Position Summary Reporting to the Recreation Manager, the Activity Aide assists in planning, implementing and evaluating activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents/tenants.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to;
1. Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
2. Assists residents to and from programs as required.
3. Assists, encourages, and motivates residents/tenants to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
4. Provides personal care during recreational activities as required.
5. Observes and reports any changes in residents to the supervisor and/or nurse.
6. Documents as per policy and procedures.
7. Ensures residents’/tenants’ rights are maintained.
8. Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to supervisor.
9. Actively participates in C.Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
10. Assists with orientation of new residents/tenants.
11. Assists with recreation assessments of residents
12. Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists in the evaluation of volunteers.
13. Encourages residents/tenants as volunteers in their own community.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications 1. Graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Certificate program, with experience in a senior’s focused recreation department an asset.
2. Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
3. Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
4. Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Driver’s License as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.