The Project Engineer will be responsible for project support and co-ordination between: The Owner, Site Safety, Training, Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Consultants, Vendors and other participants as required. Mining and Mechanical disciplines is preferred. Experience in operations planning is considered an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- The Engineer will be responsible to develop detailed plans
- Monitor daily excavation performance to maintain safety, quality, cost, schedule and scope as detailed in the Excavation SOW.
- Performs required regulatory compliance checks, job observations and actively participates in the 4 key safety priorities. Ensure that safe work habits are enforced and instruct safe methods of doing work.
- Continually debrief Owner’s staff to communicate any potential issues or concerns.
- Act on behalf of Owner, always.
- Operating in a team-oriented environment, the Engineer is expected to participate in group activities, share thoughts and demonstrate active listening skills, while considering customer needs to provide the best service possible.
- Effectively report progress of activities to the Owner, and highlight any areas requiring support with recommendations of an action plan to address such deficiencies/improvements.
- Keep peers informed on operations, particularly calling attention to changes, abnormalities and new problems as they arise. Establish and maintain effective two-way communication with employees.
- Evaluate, establish, and implement safe work practices that minimize hazard exposure to employees.
- Ensures that any rules or regulations contained in Owner Safety Manual, Policies and Procedures Manual, Mine Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations or any rules posted by the Corporation on bulletin boards or in the work area are complied with by all employees.
- Must comply, administer and uphold all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Statement of Core Values and Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
- Maintain adequate standards relating to health, safety and personnel relations. Impose good housekeeping habits and maintain good housekeeping throughout the work area.
- Utilize the human resources available in a fair and efficient manner. Encourage employee participation in problem solving.
- Direct his/her area of responsibility to achieve the highest standards in all aspects, including safety, employee relations, production, cost, and effective utilization of the resources available. Direct, adjust and cease work activities to ensure employees are performing safe and productive work.
Qualified is defined as a degree or experience in the fields of: mining or civil, with a minimum of five years of related field experience. Previous potash mine experience preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Shift: Typical rotations consist of 5 days a week, 4 on/3 off or 8 on/6 off, 10 hours per day with start time of 6:30am. Hours of work and shift rotation are subject to change, as required, by the Owner.
Reference Job ID #243
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
"WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential."
Reference ID: 243
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- engineering : 5 years (Required)
- potash: 5 years (Required)
- planning : 5 years (Required)