Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all site contractors fully understand their contractual obligations and project requirements.
- Liaise with contractors to minimize contractor conflict and encourage synergy on multiple contractor work sites.
- Identify and work to mitigate slow progress, inadequate quality or performance, possible future construction problems.
Project Schedule and Cost Control
- Monitor project schedule and costs, update, and report as project development proceeds and take-action, as required, to address issues in a proactive manner.
- Confirm monthly contract progress payment documents, forecast, and manage potential changes.
- Monitor and inspect construction to confirm quality and that the constructed works are in conformance with the design.
- Review and manage technical submittals (shop drawings, RFI’s, RFC’s and work plans) to confirm conformance with design and quality of work.
- Assist to obtain local building permits that may be required for projects.
- Evaluates and recommends design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Address issues that arise in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to forecast and tracks change orders and scope changes.
- Effective documentation of progress through daily and weekly reports (with detailed photos).
Equipment Procurement Completion
- Monitor the receipt and inspection of major equipment and materials to ensure compliance with technical aspects and commercial terms, facilitate responsibility transfers and acceptance.
Regulatory Compliance and Liaison
- Act as the company’s representative during construction, including responsibility for day-to-day and week-to-week interface with key stakeholders including regulatory agencies, government (local, municipal, and federal) and landowners.
- Must have a basic understanding of worker and public safety issues and environmental regulations.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Skills: * Strong construction background, having worked on solar projects including experience in managing high voltage equipment installation and commissioning contractors.
- Adheres to Saturn safety program, with specific reliance on culture of contractor care, custody & control.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their direct supervisor.
- An appropriately recognized technical designation is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the Swift Current (Southwest) area in Saskatchewan. Confidence and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Microsoft office suite proficiency would be an asset.
You Align with the Saturn Power Vision if You Are:
: * Passionate about the renewable energy business and sustainable practices.
- Able to thrive in the fast pace of a rapidly growing company.
- Highly organized and accurate, with a keen attention for detail.
- A collaborative and engaging team member with demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a strong work ethic and commitment.
- Able to earn the trust of colleagues and leadership by demonstrating high ethical standards & integrity.
- A highly adaptive learner who is capable of handling changing demands and priorities.
- An intuitive problem solver who views obstacles as challenges.
- A creative thinker who is able to generate and articulate unique concepts and ideas.
- A self-motivated starter who can work independently when necessary.
Job Type: Contract
- Construction: 5 years (Required)
- Swift Current, SK (Preferred)