JOIN THE IF TEAM & LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!
At IF, we believe in doing things differently. Challenge is at the core of any success and if we have done our job we will leave a legacy of incredible fitness leaders who inspire others to take on BIG challenges in their lives. We can all climb Mt. Everest, it's just a question of were to start.
Personal training can be done poorly with very minimal effort, this is not a place for that. At IF we are committed to EVERYONE we train having an amazing EXPERIENCE and seeing unparalleled RESULTS.
Innovative Fitness is North America's largest personal training company. We currently operate out of 12 locations in Canada. We have been in existence since 1995, and deliver first-class service to approximately 2,000 active clients, focusing on establishing a healthy lifestyle.
Innovative Fitness is looking for team players with a passion for outdoor adventure and fitness. If you are looking for a new opportunity and want to pioneer personal training the way it should be done, we want to hear from you.
What you should be aware of when applying to Innovative Fitness:
- You will be expected to jump in with 2 feet and give it your all...everyday, every play.
- You will be given non-stop feedback.
- You will be an IF employee and part of a supportive team, not an independent trainer.
- You will need to be open and prepared to commit the odd weekend or off hour to helping those around you (teammates and clients) achieve their goals.
- You will be expected to step outside your own personal and professional comfort zone, constantly.
- You will be expected to take on challenges or setbacks as fun opportunities, and sacrifice is a necessity.
- You will not make excuses and will always strive for excellence and results.
- You have the confidence to set a goal that scares you, fight through the fear and adversity, sacrifice short term rewards, and achieve the goal; all-the-while ensuring that every body around you is achieving theirs.
What we offer our employees:
- Hourly wage with lots of growth potential based on performance
- Opportunities to train clients 1on1, 2on1 as well as in small and large group settings
- Opportunities to train Active Rehab clients (BCAK cert is required)
- Ability to train virtually through our IF Direct platform
- Structured schedule
- An unmatched TEAM environment including lots of team events and functions
- CPP and EI contribution
- Vacation pay and statutory holiday pay (after one month of employment)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance (after 3 months of consecutive employment)
- Group Medical and Dental Coverage – 50% contribution by Innovative Fitness (after three months of consecutive employment)
- WCB and Liability Insurance
- Potential career growth in your chosen field, experience with a variety of individuals and inclusion in Innovative Fitness sponsored events
- Continued education around the fundamentals of training including programming, delivery of training hours, time management, and certification opportunities
Applicants must have the following:
- Kinesiology degree OR recognized Personal Trainer certification
- Current CPR and First Aid
- High level of personal health and fitness
- Team player attitude and team sport background
- Running, hiking, biking and event experience is a big asset
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google Calendar/Docs/Gmail
*Hourly PT rates vary between $22-40/hr based on type of session, credentials, tenure and performance.
*We thank you for your interest in this position – however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Check us out:
- Web: www.innovativefitness.com
- IF Port Moody Website: www.innovativefitness.com/port-moody-personal-training/
- IF Port Moody Facebook: www.facebook.com/innovativefitnessportmoody/
- IF Port Moody Instagram: @ifportmoody
- IF Coquitlam Website: www.innovativefitness.com/coquitlam-personal-training/
- IF Coquitlam Facebook: www.facebook.com/innovativefitnesscoquitlam/
- IF Coquitlam Instagram: @ifcoquitlam
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- practical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Kinesiology Degree, Sport Science Diploma, PT Certifications (Preferred)