Nexim Healthcare Inc. is a diversified health and social care service organization serving the healthcare staff needs of Group Homes, Retirement Communities and Long Term Care Facilities.
Nexim helps place talent who have a passion and commitment to the health and well-being of others. Our coverage area includes most of the GTA as well as surrounding cities and towns.
Who We Look for:
We are looking for Personal Support Workers who will assist our client with all aspects of personal care and help them live more safely and independently. The successful candidate should be patient, compassionate and client centric.
Morning Shifts/ Afternoon Shifts/ Evening Shifts/ Weekend Shifts/ On-Call Shifts
Why Choose Nexim?
We have full comprehension of the healthcare recruitment business.
- Perform activities of daily living such as feeding, grooming, dressing, bathing, maintaining personal hygiene
- Ensure the fulfillment of individual goals and needs as instructed in the client’s support plans
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and independence of our clients
- General household duties such as cleaning, laundry and other ad hoc duties as required
- Provide support in all aspects of daily living including the social and emotion support of clients
- Document records and reports of daily care: resident incident reports, restraint monitoring records medication administration records, etc.
- Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, participating in the maintenance of a safe, clean community
- Sign on the attendance/ Daily & Overnight inspection sheets
- Read and initial the Communication Books prior to commencing each shift and keep abreast of any updates in procedures and treatments
- 1+ year of relevant experience working as a Development Service Worker or Social Service Worker
- DSW/ SSW/ PSW/CSW/DDC Certificate from an accredited educational institution
- Valid Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Check within 6 months
- Valid Pharmacology Training & Certificate
- Standard First Aid CPR (Class C) certificate
- A valid Class G Driver's License Preffed but not essential
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training or Safe Management
- 4 Steps
- Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written
- Ability to read medical prescriptions and complete Incident Report Form
- Ability to accommodate and take On-Call & weekend shifts as required*
- Ability to comply with standard policies/ procedures and ensure safe work practices
- Eligible Candidates must be flexible in terms of scheduling and have a can-do attitude
Candidates interested in the aforementioned position may apply directly on Indeed.ca. We appreciate the interest of all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nexim Healthcare Consultant Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Casual