Synaptive Medical is a Downtown Toronto based company focused on developing medical equipment and applications for neurosurgical procedures. Together, these devices form a full and complete solution of visualization technologies for the operating room. In the past 20 years, the core members of Synaptive Medical have founded and grown multiple successful medical start-ups into international markets. The company has a number of opportunities for motivated people to join the team and share in the challenges and rewards of developing technologies to improve patient care and outcomes in neurosurgery.
The Logistics & Warehouse Coordinator will have the opportunity to implement continuous improvement activities related to logistics and warehousing of incoming and outgoing parts, subassemblies, and finished goods. This opportunity includes warehouse related activities including receiving, dispatching, storing materials, assemblies & finished goods, and managing all inventory accuracy related functions. In addition, you’ll also have the opportunity to take on our logistics arrangements and customs related documents.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain a master list of tariff classifications while maintaining the applicable supporting documentation for classification
- Develop and manage a duty drawback program that identifies both current and future opportunities to reclaim duty paid on imported articles
- Monitor US and Canadian customs publications for relevant changes
- Prepare timely renewals and maintenance of customs related certificates for all third-party products
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding classification, duty rates, documentation requirements, or other import related matters
- Develop and manage customs related processes based on Synaptive’s policies for Canada and U.S. government requirements
- Update and maintain the materials master database with HTS/HS and provide regular updates to Synaptive’s customs broker
- Document related procedures and training materials and provide oversight of Synaptive’s customs broker activities
- Develop and manage our logistics suppliers, complete any business logistics requirements, and optimize the supply chain with the goal of increasing value
- Receive and stock products from suppliers, reconcile purchase orders with receiving documentation
- Move product around warehouse while operating the warehouse equipment safely and efficiently (forklifts and pallet jacks)
- Pack instruments/finished goods/materials
- Perform cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory and data integrity
- Adhere to all safety & Good Manufacturing Practice procedures in the performance of job duties
- Maintain warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Provide support in the planning of the warehouse layout
- Perform other tasks as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 3 years’ experience in customs and brokerage, shipping, receiving, and inventory management
- Strong comprehension of regulatory laws governing imports and exports
- Experience in a regulated industry (preferably medical devices)
- Experience and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing
- Experience with ERP software
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Enrolled or Completed CSCB – Certified Customs Specialist Program
- Certification to operate a lift-truck (fork-lift or pallet jack)
- Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines
- Must be a team player, dependable, with demonstrate ability to follow directions
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to identify potential problems and take appropriate action
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage your workload
- Must be able to work with others in different disciplines
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if you’re applications is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the county in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.