Location: Kearl oil Sands, Fort McKay
Conditions: Fly in Fly out
Position: Mine technician / RF technician / Electronic technicians
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that we’re far more than the sum of our parts together. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives and creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
This is a Telecom Technician role within an Oil & Gas Plant environment. You will be part of a team that will be responsible for the Preventative and Corrective Maintenance of the PAGA, Access Control Systems, CCTV System and Fibre optics that include maintaining the database and switches for those systems while supporting other Telecom-related work scopes.
- Perform installation, and configuration of hardware and software components.
- Perform troubleshooting, hardware, and software issues on a different system.
- Perform installation, troubleshooting and repair of Card Access Systems which include panels, cards, cabling, and all associated programming in Genetec Platform.
- Perform installation of Digital Cameras and associated cabling and hardware with options of interfacing them onto the Genetec System.
- Assist other telecom disciplines with other scopes.
- Must have great organizational and time management skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills and the ability to adapt to changes in the field.
- Strong in IP networking, LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP Protocol, and network technologies.
- Knowledgeable in developing databases.
- Ability to follow diagrams and procedures whilst always looking to improve how we can better serve the client.
- Ability to terminate/test data cables (CAT5/5e) and Fibre.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid Certification for Fall Arrest and AWP
- IT diploma or certificate and/or relevant courses in telecommunications
- Minimum of 5 years in networking
- CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
- Knowledge and Experience utilizing the Genetec Security Platform
- Knowledge and Experience in Digital Security cameras including but not limited to Hernis, Axis and Avigilon.
- Safety-sensitive position – the ability to use good judgement when completing work and reporting any safety concerns that arise – (Using Hazard assessment documents/Permits)
- Able to lift 50lbs - (Fit Test will be conducted before being hired)
- The candidate must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Strong Reading, Writing and Communication in English are a must.
- Competent driving and winter driving skills.
- Able to work outdoors in all seasons of the year including -40 C conditions (within OHS standards and guidelines)
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From $37.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road
Expected start date: 2023-04-03