Leeville Enterprises Ltd. ("LEEVILLE"), an affiliate of Area One Farms Ltd. ("AOF") is a land improvement company located in New Liskeard, Ontario. Its primary business is buying farmland and land that can be converted into farmland in Northern Ontario; clearing land and converting it to farmland; and renting farmland.
Leeville is looking for an Office Administrator who has administrative and or bookkeeping experience. The Office Manager reports to the head office of AOF and the Operations Manager of Leeville. The individual needs to have a minimum of three-years experience including or having completed the following in a prior role.
Responsibilities of the Office Manager include:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplier;
- Maintaining up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records;
- Maintaining basic accounting records as required by head office accounting department;
- Employee Management including the bi-weekly payroll of a small number of employees including the issuance of Records of Employment, handling of employee queries, maintaining benefit programs, and coordinating with the Ministry of labour as required;
- Keeping time sheets records of employees; and WSCC claims and files;
- Coordinating with head office and the collection/release of payments from/to customers/vendors;
- Assist head office with accounting and annual budgeting as required;
- Job Cost reporting to head office;
- Assist in Property Management of land and houses; including generating reports and maintaining records for land acquisitions and rentals for head office;
- Assist the Operations Manager in variance analysis on costs and revenues as required;
- Assist head office with the annual audit as required;
- Assist head office with in government grant aministration;
- Answering phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party;
- Maintaining the Operations Manager’s Calendar;
- Greeting and assisting visitors;
- Maintaining polite and professional communications via phone, e-mail, and mail; and
- Performing other miscellaneous office tasks as assigned.
Skills/Qualifications of the Office Manager include:
- Completion of a business, accounting or related degree/ diploma in college or university; or an Associate’s Degree in related field;
- Prior administrative and accounting experience;
- Prior experience in handling payroll of a small team;
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel and Word;
- Prior experience in managerial and or financial accounting (preferred but not mandatory); and
- Patience with routine and attention to detail.
Leeville provides a competitive remuneration offering to be determined by candidate experience and qualifications. If you have an interest in working in an entrepreneurial, collegial and high growth environment then you should consider a career with us.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and full unofficial transcript.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
There is lots of space with a segregated office and protective gear can be worn.
- Administrative Duties: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Temiskaming Shores, ON (Required)