PURPOSE and SCOPE:
The Test Technician is responsible for the transport, operation, monitoring and maintenance of prototypes in the field and lab tests in Winnipeg as assigned by Test Leaders and Test Engineers.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Work with the Engineering Test Department Leaders, Engineers and Product Managers to identify challenging conditions for field testing of prototype machines.
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager of Prototype Build and Test and Product Test Leaders in arranging test sites and managing associated logistics.
- Write and submit detailed daily reports outlining prototype performance, issues and maintenance using issue tracking software.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering Shop Supervisor, Product Test Leaders and other team members as needed in preparing machines and equipment/tools for testing.
- Observe test machines (field and lab), gather electronic data using data logger, make value judgments of performance and discuss observations with customers and team members.
- Design and fabricate testing jigs and apparatuses to collect and replicate field testing conditions.
- Prepare and present data and findings in conjunction with the Test Leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Enrolled in (or graduated from) University Engineering or College Engineering Technology program.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Familiar in the operation of farm machinery.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Proficient in Windows and Office Software.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good planning and administration abilities.
- Ability to work in both team situations and independently.
- Intuitive, self-motivated and hard working with lots of patience.
- Extensive experience working with data acquisition systems, sensors and strain gauges is preferred.
- Strong Mechanical abilities-experience with machinery repairs an asset.
- Available to travel over extended periods of time.
- Must hold and maintain valid driver’s license and be able to travel in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia. Approx. 75% of time will be spent in the USA
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- farm machinery: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- driver's license (Required)